Tesco Bank problem with verification by Visa

Options
Anyone else had issue whereby you make a debit card payment with Tesco Bank debit card on a retailer / merchant website but then when you have to go to the Tesco Bank app to verify by Visa then the app shows the incorrect amount so you can’t verify. Never had issue with card or this retailer site before and the confirmed amount appears correctly on the retailer site but is wrong on the Tesco app (misses off last 3 figures, eg £2000 appears as £2 in the app). Guessing must be some kind of glitch in the software in terms of the Tesco app recording the amount incorrectly.

Comments

• tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 8,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It definitely sounds like a software bug. Try to get a screenshot of the app screen and the corresponding web page and send them to Tescos. 
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    tacpot12 said:
    It definitely sounds like a software bug. Try to get a screenshot of the app screen and the corresponding web page and send them to Tescos. 
    Yep done that so hoping they can sort it tomorrow. 
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,725 Forumite
    Options
    tg99 said:
    Anyone else had issue whereby you make a debit card payment with Tesco Bank debit card on a retailer / merchant website but then when you have to go to the Tesco Bank app to verify by Visa then the app shows the incorrect amount so you can’t verify. Never had issue with card or this retailer site before and the confirmed amount appears correctly on the retailer site but is wrong on the Tesco app (misses off last 3 figures, eg £2000 appears as £2 in the app). Guessing must be some kind of glitch in the software in terms of the Tesco app recording the amount incorrectly.
    Who is the retailer you are using?
    As some retailer do not authorise the full amount. They will only request £1 or £2..

Example was i-tunes. They always used to authorise for £1.59 no matter if it was a free app or a expensive one. Then debit the correct amount.
    Life in the slow lane
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,618 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Long shot but have you tried reducing the size of font on your device? 
    Could be a display issue. 
  • blenz101
    Options
    Anybody having problems with all online transactions?  Nothing will authorise for me at all via the app, keep getting a message about an error.
  • tg99
    Options
    tg99 said:I
    Who is the retailer you are using?
    As some retailer do not authorise the full amount. They will only request £1 or £2..

Example was i-tunes. They always used to authorise for £1.59 no matter if it was a free app or a expensive one. Then debit the correct amount.
    It’s not to do with the retailer - when spoke to them earlier Tesco now acknowledge it’s a wider issue with their app that is affecting more than just a few customers.
  • tg99
    Options
    When I spoke to them earlier Tesco Bank said this is a problem with the app affecting quite a number of customers and that IT have not yet been able to resolve it. I did read online that if you don’t have their banking app then they send you a text instead to verify online debit card payments. Hence I tried deleting the app off all my devices but that didn’t work as the retailer site still asked me to verify with Tesco Bank app and didn’t get a text.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback