cards that accept your balance transfer at 0% in 18 to 31 months

Dear all , I have tried using Martin's eligibility card calculator and everyone has turned me down  . I am trying to pay an Amex card debt balance . I am not finding any solution. Can anyone help suggesting my next step to a solution ? I have also applied on capital one and they only gave me a credit limit of £200 which doesn't solve my problem. 

Comments

• Take the Cap One card and transfer what you can.  Then throw as much as you can at the Amex card.

The DFW boards will be helpful in cutting costs and clearing the debt faster.
  • jay1804
    jay1804 Posts: 425 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Have you tried the banks individual eligibility checkers, LBG (LLoyds, Hailfax and MBNA), Santander and Nationwide to name a few, all of them tell you the estimated credit limit, if eligible.

If you're not eligible, it may be a good idea to head to DFW board, as they can give you advice on how to pay off your debt.
  • Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 September 2021 at 2:56PM
    The solution to your problem is to pay off the debt.  If you're not being accepted for balance transfer cards, that would suggest that your credit history is somewhat less than ideal.  And anyway, transferring the balance does nothing to address the debt, it merely shifts it from one vehicle to another.  As above, head over to DFW and do whatever you can to hammer the debt as quickly as possible.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback