We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
PCN court hearing - process from Debt Recovery Plus and CST Law
GP24
Posts: 4 Newbie
Hi
So I am trying to also follow threads on this subject which there are many but it is difficult to follow as ongoing conversations start to use abbreviations to the point I don't know what they are ?
Please don't use any acronyms, abbreviations I don't know them outside of the obvious. I am new to this subject matter.
I have received letters from Debt Recovery Plus and a letter from CST Law which is a unpaid debt reminder, reading the letter it is steering me to pay £170 for their client Euro Car Parks, the letter telephone number is the same as Debt Recovery Plus even though they say not to contact CST Law, so I'm confident this is another pressure tactic, It also has a payment date and mentions CCJ.
I read the letters very carefully and its all about "may" "propose" "client" there is nothing in them to indicate any action or steps to proceed to court.
Whilst most threads are about avoiding the PCN, I would like to have my day in court or at least a hearing.
My situation is that I want to go to court and get this matter finalised, I entered a car park to turn around in December 2020 and as the entrance and exit was the same I couldn't get out due to the traffic on the road being at a stand still hence me turning around to leave the area, no parking space used, engine running and never left vehicle also have dash cam footage of the whole 11 minutes. I tried to also get CCTV but the local council wouldn't release it to me.
If the court say I have to pay then so be it, but I am hopeful common sense will prevail, ( or maybe not in these cases ).
I initially emailed Euro car parks, no reply just a letter from Debt Recovery Plus and these have been in different forms with the alleged head of their legal team writing and so on.
My issue is with Euro Car Parks not Debt Recovery Plus, or CST Law, the parking charge dispute is with them but they ignore any correspondence.
Has anyone actually been able to have their day in court or will this just go on and on with debt recovery letters for the next 5 years !!
Any help would be appreciated and yes I know this is a hot topic with numerous threads sorry if this is a repeat.
So I am trying to also follow threads on this subject which there are many but it is difficult to follow as ongoing conversations start to use abbreviations to the point I don't know what they are ?
Please don't use any acronyms, abbreviations I don't know them outside of the obvious. I am new to this subject matter.
I have received letters from Debt Recovery Plus and a letter from CST Law which is a unpaid debt reminder, reading the letter it is steering me to pay £170 for their client Euro Car Parks, the letter telephone number is the same as Debt Recovery Plus even though they say not to contact CST Law, so I'm confident this is another pressure tactic, It also has a payment date and mentions CCJ.
I read the letters very carefully and its all about "may" "propose" "client" there is nothing in them to indicate any action or steps to proceed to court.
Whilst most threads are about avoiding the PCN, I would like to have my day in court or at least a hearing.
My situation is that I want to go to court and get this matter finalised, I entered a car park to turn around in December 2020 and as the entrance and exit was the same I couldn't get out due to the traffic on the road being at a stand still hence me turning around to leave the area, no parking space used, engine running and never left vehicle also have dash cam footage of the whole 11 minutes. I tried to also get CCTV but the local council wouldn't release it to me.
If the court say I have to pay then so be it, but I am hopeful common sense will prevail, ( or maybe not in these cases ).
I initially emailed Euro car parks, no reply just a letter from Debt Recovery Plus and these have been in different forms with the alleged head of their legal team writing and so on.
My issue is with Euro Car Parks not Debt Recovery Plus, or CST Law, the parking charge dispute is with them but they ignore any correspondence.
Has anyone actually been able to have their day in court or will this just go on and on with debt recovery letters for the next 5 years !!
Any help would be appreciated and yes I know this is a hot topic with numerous threads sorry if this is a repeat.
0
Comments
-
All acronyms are in the NEWBIE sticky fifth post, the one that says to read it first. Also they can be decoded by asking Auntie Google.1
-
There are two ways to have your day in Court.
One as a Defendant, and the other is as a Claimant.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

