International Share Transfer

Options
I have an Equiniti account holding some of my shares, I also have some Airbus shares held in the Netherlands by Societe Generale. I have been trying to get my shares transferred to my UK Equiniti. I am finding it difficult to find out exactly what form I need from each company, I would have thought this would be something they know how to do but I can't find any simple information on how I can acheive this. Some of the problem is each time I contact either company I get a different person & some are less than useful.
Ed

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You need to find a UK based broker that operates in the country where the shares are listed. 
  • maxsteam
    Options
    You could first investigate using a UK broker that offers trading in the particular shares that you hold. Airbus are listed on several stock markets. Perhaps Degiro are worth a look as they are quite European.

You don't really have a say on which registrar the company uses for your particular shares. Certainly though, with a Degiro account it would be straightforward to sell Airbus on the Frankfurt market and buy them on the Paris market.

While many UK brokers offer trading in Airbus shares, Airbus shares are not listed in UK. If the company does not want to use Equiniti UK as its registrar, you can't do anything more than try to raise the issue at the AGM. What you are wanting may not be achievable.
  • Kontiki
    Options
    Airbus are listed on the Equiniti site, I tried contacting them by email as phone is always busy. I was told I need Form F but I can't download it. I can't contact the person who replied & have to go through the process again. It would be nice to have a single point of contact to deal with a problem.
    Ed
  • wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,333 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Kontiki said:
    Airbus are listed on the Equiniti site, I tried contacting them by email as phone is always busy. I was told I need Form F but I can't download it. I can't contact the person who replied & have to go through the process again. It would be nice to have a single point of contact to deal with a problem.
    Google throws up the page below with an online request form under the heading, "Transfer from your nominee provider/broker into the CSN." There's also a postal address.

https://www.shareview.co.uk/4/Info/Portfolio/default/en/Home/Shareholders/Pages/TransferUncertShares.aspx

• Thrugelmir
    Options
    Kontiki said:
    According to their site.

For security reasons, CSN transfer forms cannot be downloaded.

All explained via the link @wmb194 has provided. 
  • Kontiki
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies.
    Still trying to see if I can get Form F from Equiniti but there customer support line is a real pain to get through. In mean time Societe Generale SharinBox have sent a copy of their transfer form. Unfortunately I need the recieving company to give me information (again Equiniti problem) I did send a copy of the form to Equiniti but they said they had their own form (F) but haven't got through.
    Have tried Hargreave Lansdown who have given me details of what to fill in on the form so some progress maybe.

Ed
  • Thrugelmir
    edited 30 September 2021 at 11:17PM
    Options
    Form F can be requested by post or online. Response time is 5 workings days. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback