We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

A good source of Parking Charge Advice.....

2»

Comments

  • Terry1931
    Terry1931 Posts: 129 Forumite
    100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 24 September 2021 at 2:21PM
    The best advice is only to take advice from those who are accountable for such advice. 

    Is this forum accountable to the Law Society 

    If not then seriously consider actions that limit your liability in a Parking charge notice 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,793 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 24 September 2021 at 2:22PM
    If course forum opinions are not legal advice, even from legally qualified posters.  Is your advice here accountable to the Law Society?

    Can we see the ParkingEye email please?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Terry1931
    Terry1931 Posts: 129 Forumite
    100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 24 September 2021 at 3:47PM
    Ah the old standby, when you lose the argument accuse, by implication, the other party of deception., I reject the accusation both expressly mentioned by some and by subsequent implication and follow up by others  that I am a Parking charge operator stooge 

    I have written statements from Parking eye and payment portals that confirm the afore mentioned funds settlement.  So unless you are willing to accept you will be wrong upon the proof that you require then best stop digging the hole. 

    I am merely sparing you this embarrassment 
  • Terry1931 said:
    Ah the old standby, when you lose the argument accuse, by implication, the other party of deception., I reject the accusation both expressly mentioned by some and by subsequent implication and follow up by others  that I am a Parking charge operator stooge 

    I have written statements from Parking eye and payment portals that confirm the afore mentioned funds settlement.  So unless you are willing to accept you will be wrong upon the proof that you require then best stop digging the hole. 

    I am merely sparing you this embarrassment 
    Terry will you PLEASE show us the ParkingEye email?
  • Terry1931
    Terry1931 Posts: 129 Forumite
    100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 24 September 2021 at 4:43PM
    I have a written email of intent to refund the parking charge by (Removed by Forum Team) the parking eye operations director. 
    He gives a  financial settlement period delay due to COVID

    I have a receipt of payment of the £100 parking charge notice. 

    When I get confirmation of the repayment of the excess charge of £85 then matters will be completed. 

    Meantime you may continue to dig a hole. 

    However , It is reasonable for me to assume the matter settled. 
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.