Large Outdoors -cash unsafe?

I was thinking of booking a walking holiday with largeoutdoors.com but they don't appear to be members of any trade association so I haven't had the confidence to book anything. I contacted them and was told it was an admin issue with whoever they had a bond with???  Don't travel companies have to have a system of ensuring your money's safe or is it just a case of caveat emptor? 

Comments

• martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,205 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Can you pay with a credit card?  That would give you added protection as I assume it is over £100 you would be paying.
  • kuepper
    kuepper Posts: 1,352 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    martindow said:
    Can you pay with a credit card?  That would give you added protection as I assume it is over £100 you would be paying.
    I would hope so, I haven't got that far. What's made me more uneasy is I tried to post this Q on their FB group and their admin hasn't approved it
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,848 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I have looked at their booking conditions, if you cancel they don't seem to refund but only issue a credit note which does not comply with the law. They make no mention of any form of financial protection, I would look elsewhere for your holiday!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback