We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Armtrac Services Car Park Scam - Porthpean Beach Car Park Cornwall
Woody54321
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi all
Please be aware when using private car parks in Cornwall. I entered the above car park, I went to the ticket machine which had a broken coin slot so I noticed that you could pay using the just park app unfortunately the phone signal was poor so walked 30 metres up the hill where I did get signal. I downloaded the app and paid for 6 hours parking (I only stayed for 4 hours)
I arrived home from my lovely Cornish holiday to find I had been issued a PCN. I went on my Just Parking app and downloaded the receipt and sent it off to appeal thinking it would be the end of it, but NO they rejected my appeal and have instructed me to pay the fine because they pointed out that the ticket I bought didn't cover the 16 mins I spent messing around to buy a ticket. EVEN THOUGH IT WAS CAUSED BY THEIR FAULTY TICKET MACHINE !!!!!! I am absolutely livid and it has left me feeling like I've been completely ripped off, which I have been.
Against every fibre of my being I have paid the ticket. I'm trying to buy a new house soon and don't want to jeopardise that with bad credit or CCJ for the sake of £60. Also I have spent a lot of hours reading forums and guidance on this and I just don't have time or energy to fight this but that what companies like Armtrac Services count on. I'm sure I'll still be stewing on this for a week or two as its made my blood boil.
Its absolutely disgusting that these companies can get away with this but did read in another thread about the government are taking over the car parking appeals process.
Please be aware when using private car parks in Cornwall. I entered the above car park, I went to the ticket machine which had a broken coin slot so I noticed that you could pay using the just park app unfortunately the phone signal was poor so walked 30 metres up the hill where I did get signal. I downloaded the app and paid for 6 hours parking (I only stayed for 4 hours)
I arrived home from my lovely Cornish holiday to find I had been issued a PCN. I went on my Just Parking app and downloaded the receipt and sent it off to appeal thinking it would be the end of it, but NO they rejected my appeal and have instructed me to pay the fine because they pointed out that the ticket I bought didn't cover the 16 mins I spent messing around to buy a ticket. EVEN THOUGH IT WAS CAUSED BY THEIR FAULTY TICKET MACHINE !!!!!! I am absolutely livid and it has left me feeling like I've been completely ripped off, which I have been.
Against every fibre of my being I have paid the ticket. I'm trying to buy a new house soon and don't want to jeopardise that with bad credit or CCJ for the sake of £60. Also I have spent a lot of hours reading forums and guidance on this and I just don't have time or energy to fight this but that what companies like Armtrac Services count on. I'm sure I'll still be stewing on this for a week or two as its made my blood boil.
Its absolutely disgusting that these companies can get away with this but did read in another thread about the government are taking over the car parking appeals process.
0
Comments
-
Several Porthpean ones recently , like this onehttps://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/78623224#Comment_78623224
The new government rules start next summer , 20220 -
Same as the other Porthpean and Armtrac threads! We know all about this scam. I can see you've read around and was really sad to see you paid because you couldn't have got a CCJ by following our advice. Not even if a claim form arrived.
Complain to your MP and ask him to help you alert the local Cornwall MP and Trading Standards and the MHCLG (now renamed the DLUHC) who are finalising the new code of practice for 2022.
Also complain to the DVLA and IPC because if the Trade Body don't get complaints about this scam site, they will be able to say they know nothing about it and haven't recorded any complaints about Armtrac. That needs to change!
DVLA complaint email is in the fifth post of the NEWBIES thread.
Have you also registered to join the group action against the DVLA, as per the thread about that? Solicitors are trying to get compensation on a no win no fee basis for consumer registered keeper victims.PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD1 -
Hae you complained to the local touist office and your MP.You never know how far you can go until you go too far.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
