We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Appeal rejected
Amboman
Posts: 14 Forumite
Hello,
Please can I get some advice.
Received a ticket from a hospital car park via parking eye stating we had not paid.
The machine did not recognise the car so a sum was paid. That sum was not enough to cover the time the car was parked for. Proof was sent to parking eye, they wanted to know who the driver was so I stupidly sent the details. Again we told the the story about the machine not recognising the car so a sum was paid and again proof was sent in the form of a bank statement.
They rejected it saying the sum paid was not enough and signs state the cost etc.
I've now gone through the poplar appeals. Telling the same story and again sending proof of payment.
If they reject what's my options, what do I do next,
Thanks in advance
Please can I get some advice.
Received a ticket from a hospital car park via parking eye stating we had not paid.
The machine did not recognise the car so a sum was paid. That sum was not enough to cover the time the car was parked for. Proof was sent to parking eye, they wanted to know who the driver was so I stupidly sent the details. Again we told the the story about the machine not recognising the car so a sum was paid and again proof was sent in the form of a bank statement.
They rejected it saying the sum paid was not enough and signs state the cost etc.
I've now gone through the poplar appeals. Telling the same story and again sending proof of payment.
If they reject what's my options, what do I do next,
Thanks in advance
0
Comments
-
If it is a hospital car park located at a hospital (rather than one close by or handy for the hospital) what did PALS say when you contacted them?2
-
That the carpark is run by a private company and I must deal directly with them. Which we did0
-
If Parking Eye complied with POFA , revealing who was driving is not a problem
Complain to PALS asap1 -
Thanks for the replys. I've now emailed pals. I spoke to someone on the phone first time. I've now emailed and explained. Assuming they may say the same via email.
If so, what's the next step ?
Await the popla appeal, then go from there1 -
They did reply and said the same thing. Its run by an outside agency and they have no control over it and to contact them direct0
-
These government guidelines and rules say different , so they fobbed you offAmboman said:They did reply and said the same thing. Its run by an outside agency and they have no control over it and to contact them directhttps://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles
Reply with a complaint , a link to those rules and copy and paste the relevant parts stating that the trust are jointly and severally liable , that they hold the power to intervene using the parking eye handbook issued to the trust
Tell them that you are complaining to your local MP as well so require the details of the HR resources department ,or estate management department , preferably the person in charge !!
And definitely email your local MP , with a complaint and a copy of the government guidelines too
Don't take no for an answer , because after Popla , its Civil court , with a judge1 -
Thank you for that. I best start doing my research then, as I am more than prepared to go to court.
These companies may have millions but they need to be shown they cannot continue to sting and bully the genuine hard working people of this country.
If I had made a mistake I'd quite happily hold my hands up and pay an invoice. Their own machine was at fault, it then prompted us for payment that we made. Now they say its not enough.
I will keep you posted. Any further help or advice would be appreciated1 -
These are some of the words that you need from that document that @Redx pointed you towards...Contracted-out car parkingThe hospital, i.e. PALS, simply cannot absolve themselves from that responsibility.
NHS organisations are responsible for the actions of private contractors who run car parks on their behalf.
Which hospital?2 -
Email the CEO of the Hospital Trust. Complain about ParkingEye and PALS for fobbing you off, when you can tell them that you know that the ParkingEye standard 'user manual' allows ANY client to cancel any PCNs using one dedicated email. PALS lied to you.
Do this NOW before you lose at POPLA (which you will) and cost ParkingEye a POPLA Fee!
They WILL cancel if the NHS Trust tell them to, if POPLA has not charged them they can offer no contest and cancel the PCN if you do this quickly.
DO NOT wait for POPLA to ride out.
As an aside it sounds like you had a non POFA golden ticket and blew your 100% slam dunk win at POPLA as registered keeper. What a shame!PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

