Which cable/adapter/splitter would i need 2 connect my eternal drive 1TB to my router?...

Options

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Point of order:  Please calm the attitude if you want further help.  You're coming across as being a bit ungrateful.
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Ref : syncing, i wound a program called SWEECH...ii can see my computer on ir but notexplored much....
    From the description it seems that it should be able to do the job. Please do let us know how you get on.
  • poppellerant
    Options
    It sounds as though the OP needs an empty NAS unit to put their hard drive into, however things are complicated by the fact it's a USB drive.  As the OP's router doesn't have enough ethernet ports or a USB port, they then need to purchase router - for example the Asus RT-AC68U would do what they need and then some.

• alykhalil1
    Options
    I apologies if i said anything wrong or may hurt people, i am surely not an arrogant person.

I managed to buy an RJ45 ethernet hub, so not my router had 5 LAN ports now.......i also bought a USB hub with 3 female USB ports and the other end is for 1 RJ45 ethernet cable...thanks you people again. ...might help
  • alykhalil1
    Options

HERE IS THE PHOTO of some some stuff i got, if they help....

• tallmansix
    tallmansix Posts: 1,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    If
    HERE IS THE PHOTO of some some stuff i got, if they help....

The one at the top won’t do what you think it will, it is not a switch so only one of the 3 ports will work at any time, if at all, surprised to see those things being sold. 
    YNAB enthusiast and extreme coupon-er.
    Discounts, coupons and cashback:
    2019 = £1,443.52
    2020 = £1,191,76
  • debitcardmayhem
    debitcardmayhem Posts: 11,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 24 September 2021 at 9:46PM
    Options
    and the one at the bottom won't do what you want exactly, it will give you an ethernet connection for  your pc and if you hang your USB disk on that it will only see your pc (or whatever you plug the male part of the cable to)
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    If the on the go worked before......

Might just be a broken cable.

We have a fair few USB cables that have given up.

That would have been my first check.
  • alykhalil1
    Options
    alykhalil1 said:///...my biggest problem is i dont have the  original cable for my Mi max 2....2ndly...the fast charging cable, does not connect to the pc....when i connect just nothing happene, not a single pop up or even in windows explorer it dont show.....its crazy...problem is people on ebay and amazonsays it fast cable but tried and wasted money.......
    thanks ...alu.

by doing this all i am trying to do is transfer my mobile phone files / photos to my external drive........

Wouldn't it be just as quick to connect the phone to one USB port on your computer, the drive to another and then copy and paste?

If you only have one port available do it one device at a time - phone to computer, copy/paste to desktop, unplug phone, plug in drive, copy/paste, stop device, disconnect job done.

But the easiest way is your phone is Android is if you set Google sync up then they should all be in your online account @ http://photos.google.com, you can download from there.

You sound like you're trying to crack open a nut with a sledgehammer.
    very true...my mu usb port ASOTG is not krig
  • alykhalil1
    alykhalil1 Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 30 September 2021 at 10:13AM
    Options
    If the on the go worked before......

Might just be a broken cable.

We have a fair few USB cables that have given up.

That would have been my first check.

hello,....that would be so so lovly & thoughtful of you if you can provide me with spare cables (Type c), atleast 1 should connect....i will appreciate so muc and cannot thank you much. but hoe much do i have to pay u ??????....My addresss : is : (Removed by Forum Team)

i THANK YOU FROM MY HEART

KIND REGARDS
    ALY
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family