Is this possible

Options
Hi all looking for advice… I have not been working for past 5/6 years as I ended up caring for my mum.. she has now past away and I have been left with a house worth £330000.. I have seen a campsite and country pub for sale with a turn over of £350000 per year for £900000 .. I have a poor credit score is it possible for me to get a loan against this?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes, but only because the credit score doesn't matter. What is important is your income and credit history.

Where does your income come from currently?

£570k (assuming you sell the house) is a big ask. If you're planning to run it as a business, you're going to need to talk to a business lender as it's more complicated than a standard mortgage.
  • Major.clanger
    Options
    I intend to sell the house as soon as possible and right now I have no income.. looking to buy the business to create an income.
    can someone recommend a business lender suitable for my needs?
  • Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 September 2021 at 10:11AM
    Options
    Any of the big banks will have a business lending department - probably your own bank might be a good place to start.  But you'll need to do some homework first - at the very least come up with a workable business plan, along with realistic figures for previous and projected turnover, costs and profit.  Have you ever watched "Dragon's Den"?  OK, it's spiced up a bit to make good TV, but the hardcore financial questions that the applicants get grilled on are the sort of thing you need to have worked through beforehand.
  • Exodi
    Exodi Posts: 2,872 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 September 2021 at 10:20AM
    Options
    Hi all looking for advice… I have not been working for past 5/6 years as I ended up caring for my mum.. she has now past away and I have been left with a house worth £330000.. I have seen a campsite and country pub for sale with a turn over of £350000 per year for £900000 .. I have a poor credit score is it possible for me to get a loan against this?
    I don't mean to be rude, but just want to make sure that you're not mistaking turnover for profit?

Without having access to the company accounts and having an understanding of the profitability for the business and reason for the sale, I would act with caution.

People can be quite impulsive when they suddenly receive a large sum of money...
    Know what you don't
  • Major.clanger
    Options
    Accounts for the business for the year 2019 show a turn over of £378000 and a profit of £101000
  • Exodi
    Exodi Posts: 2,872 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd imagine the sale includes the freehold of the pub and land - what is the total value of the assets?

The asking price compared to the profit seems quite high if there aren't sizeable assets in the mix.

Know what you don't
  • Major.clanger
    Options
    Yes the sale price includes freehold public house set in 6 acres of land with 15 sited static caravans 1 log cabin and 55 touring pitches
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Key to securing finance will be your business plan and evidence that you have the skills and experience to deliver that plan.
  • warby68
    warby68 Posts: 3,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pre pandemic financials?
  • Major.clanger
    Options
    Yes I have the accounts from past 4 years 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing