Change postage cost after sale

Options
Buyer asked about different postage method which I agreed was possible. They then bought item at original postage cost. They've agreed the higher price but how can I get the funds from them without relisting?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    All you can do is see if they can send you their paypal ID and issue them with an invoice- or else send them your ID and ask them to pay. I haven't tried doing much with the managed payments invoices, apart from simple things like combining postage - but it always used to be that you couldn't increase the end price, but it is worth trying to increase the invoice just in case I am wrong. 

Your issue will be that if they pay the lower invoice your clock for dispatch starts then , not when they finally get round to paying the extra  by paypal- so trying to change the managed payment invoice is your best shot. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Always best to add the extra postage method to the listing and tell the buyer to make sure they select what they want during Checkout as it can't be changed after they've paid, or say simply no which is probably even better :) 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback