Halifax Reward current account

Options
2»

Comments

• GrumpyDil
    GrumpyDil Posts: 1,639 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yup, an internal transfer between two Halifax accounts definately works. 
  • General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    EarthBoy said:
    Alex9384 said:
    Scrounger, are you sure the £1500 can be paid from another Halifax account? With most banks it doesn't work like that.

You mean some, not most.  Unless the terms and conditions say otherwise, then the money can come from anywhere, and off the the top of my head Nationwide (and maybe HSBC?) are the only ones that I know of which rule out internal transfers. 
    You can add the Co-Op to that list (and they include Britannia accounts in their exclusion).
  • wiseonesomeofthetime
    Options
    GrumpyDil said:
    Yup, an internal transfer between two Halifax accounts definately works. 
    That's certainly a strange loophole as normally the banks are trying to encourage "fresh" money into the account, e.g. salary.

Personally, I just bounce £300pw between Halifax and Barclays to satisfy the conditions of both these accounts.

With £500pm from Skipton to Halifax, bounced back by Debit card, all criteria covered and (other than the manual debit card transaction) conducted maintenance free :smile:

• Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you are fortunate and have multiple Reward accounts then it's far easier to bounce the same cash from one account to the next etc and then out again (usually done on the 2nd of the month).

Scrounger
  • Alex9384
    Alex9384 Posts: 949 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Scrounger said:
    If you are fortunate and have multiple Reward accounts then it's far easier to bounce the same cash from one account to the next etc and then out again (usually done on the 2nd of the month).

Scrounger

Thanks, I will try. I just hope they won't close my accounts one day, just like NatWest did. You may remember my post about it from March.

EPICA - the best symphonic metal band in the world !

• P933alilli
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! Ive applied for the switch to go ahead now, it suits our situation! I wondered what other reward accounts are available? I applied for and was refused the HSBC £125 reward account a couple of weeks ago ....probably because i'm retired and dont have an income as such!
  • General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! Ive applied for the switch to go ahead now, it suits our situation! I wondered what other reward accounts are available? I applied for and was refused the HSBC £125 reward account a couple of weeks ago ....probably because i'm retired and dont have an income as such!
    I switched to HSBC about a year ago - in my 70's and retired for a couple of years.  I was collecting my deferred state pension and only one of my occupational pensions.  No problem encountered.
  • Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Thanks for the replies! 

I've applied for the switch to go ahead now....
    Nationwide (free £125)?
  • ZeroSum
    ZeroSum Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 29 August 2021 at 9:04AM
    Options

Reward accounts or do you mean switching bribes? As it sounds like you've just needlessly just switched away a reward account & not aware of any HSBC reward accounts.

Co-op have a reward account (that's actual reward account & not switching bribe) but the rewards have been reduced to a level that it's not really worth it anymore.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback