We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Late state pension

In February 21 I received my state pension invitation letter for which I duly completed online and received conformation also informing me I would receive a letter within 4 weeks of my pension date which is/was 17th June 21.

Today 13th August 21 I have not received any communication whatsever and no pension for 2 months. When telephoning and speaking to a customer advisor three times over the past 2 months all they can do is send an urgent email to the appropriate department asking them to contact me to give a reason why its taking so long, nothing has been received.

Is everybody entitled in the same situation?


Comments

  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,533
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 13 August 2021 at 12:16PM
    Several other threads on the same subject.  The consensus is contact your MP or national press. 
    On the flip side MrsM and her friend retired in Feb / Jun this year and both received notifications of payment dates within a couple of weeks of applying.

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

  • In February 21 I received my state pension invitation letter for which I duly completed online and received conformation also informing me I would receive a letter within 4 weeks of my pension date which is/was 17th June 21.

    Today 13th August 21 I have not received any communication whatsever and no pension for 2 months. When telephoning and speaking to a customer advisor three times over the past 2 months all they can do is send an urgent email to the appropriate department asking them to contact me to give a reason why its taking so long, nothing has been received.

    Is everybody entitled in the same situation?


    Hi. Has your situation been resolved? I am having the same problem. 

  • You are not alone. My pension was delayed by 7 weeks, but paid in full ultimately.
    There is a good article on the BBC News website today, 18/09/21, which explains all.
  • I wonder why it is happening to some people and not others?  My friend reached her SP on 24 July and received it without any problem, so is it a surname thing, area of the country, not straightforward calculations or same office causing the problems for some people? Paper application or online?  
    Paddle No 21:wave:
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.