Feel miss sold

Options
hellie9
hellie9 Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 10 August 2021 at 5:11PM in Consumer rights
Please advise, my son wanted a particular set of books. Bring a single mum I wanted to find these as cheap as possible. I did a Google search and a website came up saying £19.50. Bargain, I opened the link, clicked by now and bought them. Paid via PayPal and thought no more. When they didn’t arrive a week later I sent an email and was told it was a download order. There was no mention of this whatsoever on the page where I purchased them. I went back to the website, had a good look around and yea sure enough it says it’s downloads. Had I have seen this, I wouldn’t have bought them. I explained that I found their page via a Google link and how that didn’t go to their main home page but the page it went to did not state digital downloads. This is of no use to me. I explained my son has additional needs and doesn’t have a device to read them on, and asked for a refund but was told no. I understand this may be partially my fault for buying a digital bookset but how was I to know if it didn’t say on the order page? They are refusing to refund and it’s a lot of money to me to lose, I need that back so I can by the books elsewhere. 
Can anyone help please?

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport