Mixed nuts

Options
Daz2009
Daz2009 Posts: 1,084 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
edited 30 December 2021 at 9:27AM in Gone off!
I currently buy Sainsbury's mixed nuts for use in baking £1.50 for 200g.
I'm trying to find somewhere that does larger quantities,for less money obviously :)
Not having much luck though :(

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,916 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I suppose price is going to depend on what nuts are in the mix.  Do you have any preferences or requirements?
  • Daz2009
    Options
    I suppose price is going to depend on what nuts are in the mix.  Do you have any preferences or requirements?
    No,I don't mind at all although they're going in cereal bars so whole nuts are going to be too big,hence I buy chopped
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Lidl nuts include whole Mixed Nuts.  They are normally £1.59 for 200g, but often appear on the weekend offers (all the nuts do), when they are typically £1.19.

• pumpkin89
    pumpkin89 Posts: 640 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    They are quite a bit cheaper here (£5.31 per kg) but you have to spend £50 for free delivery.  Otherwise, I imagine the delivery charge will negate the saving.
    https://naturalchoice.co.uk/products/chopped-nut-mix-peanut-almonds-and-walnuts?variant=14807062279
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,916 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Daz2009 said:
    No,I don't mind at all although they're going in cereal bars so whole nuts are going to be too big,hence I buy chopped
    Ah that makes my link irrelevant, sorry you didn’t mention they were chopped in your OP.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Rosa_Damascena
    Options
    Lidl nuts include whole Mixed Nuts.  They are normally £1.59 for 200g, but often appear on the weekend offers (all the nuts do), when they are typically £1.19.

But whilst we're on the subject, these tend to lose their freshness quickly. I have bought numerous bags and it's always the hazelnuts at fault, they go bitter.
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 3 August 2021 at 11:06AM
    Options
    I can't really comment on the quality of the Lidl Mixed Nuts as I prefer the single cru packs.    But I can't imagine that they'd be too bad, especially when chopped.

I have Walnuts at the moment which are very nice (very crunchy, not at all mushy and not bitter either).

Before that, Brazils which were crunchy right to the end of the pack.  

I've also had Lidl Pecans, Cashews, Pistachios, and Dry Roasted Peanuts in the recent past, and they've all been good. 

I do tend to put them in an air-tight jar, though, rather than leave them in the bags, so that might help. 
  • Daz2009
    Options
    sarah1972 said:
    Daz2009 said:
    Ah that makes my link irrelevant, sorry you didn’t mention they were chopped in your OP.
    not necessarily,I could chop them if I knew how lol
  • Daz2009
    Options
    pumpkin89 said:
    They are quite a bit cheaper here (£5.31 per kg) but you have to spend £50 for free delivery.  Otherwise, I imagine the delivery charge will negate the saving.
    https://naturalchoice.co.uk/products/chopped-nut-mix-peanut-almonds-and-walnuts?variant=14807062279
    Yes shipping costs kill it unfortunately
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure