Do you have to isolate after having the PCR test to travel?

Does anyone have to isolate the three days after having the PCR test to travel?    Cousins daughter is 12 and travelling to Canary Islands. TIA

Replies

• SukikoSukiko Forumite
    6 Posts
    First Post
    Forumite
    A,so is there anywhere I can see this info as proof. Thanks.
  • MoJoeGoMoJoeGo Forumite
    175 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Sukiko said:
    Does anyone have to isolate the three days after having the PCR test to travel?    Cousins daughter is 12 and travelling to Canary Islands. TIA
    No. Assuming of course that they don't test positive!

As for proof, that's proving a negative. You might as well as ask for proof that I'm allowed to walk around my garden right now. Why is this even a concern??
  • SukikoSukiko Forumite
    6 Posts
    First Post
    Forumite
    My cousin has shared custody of his daughter 50-50.  She’s telling him he has to cut his custody time down and return his daughter four days early. 
  • SukikoSukiko Forumite
    6 Posts
    First Post
    Forumite
    I would assume she isn’t going to get the results immediately so no need to isolate?
  • Sukiko said:
    I would assume she isn’t going to get the results immediately so no need to isolate?
    There is no need to self isolate after any test unless the test comes back positive.
  • edited 2 August 2021 at 5:12PM
    MoJoeGoMoJoeGo Forumite
    175 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 2 August 2021 at 5:12PM
    I'd be telling the ex making the demand to prove that they DO have to isolate. Which they can't...

But in all honesty, this sounds like a thread better suited to the relationships board...
  • CKhalvashiCKhalvashi Forumite
    11.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    There is no legal requirement to isolate after a test unless it returns a positive result. I'm going into semi-isolation from Friday as I'm travelling later this month (restricting travel to outside walks and essential work/shopping), but again there is no legal requirement to do so.

If your ex is claiming such actions are legal requirements, it's up to them to prove it. There is no legal requirement in this specific circumstance.
    💙💛 💔

I can spell, my iPad can't.