Childcare Vouchers Refund (again - can't find the originals on same topic!)

How can it be right that an organisation (e.g. Kiddivouchers) gets to keep your money built up in credit (thanks to Covid) because they claim the employer will not refund vouchers? It seems highly questionable to me that this should be allowed, it's not their money. I can't use the money up in holiday clubs etc. All three children have now left the scheme and are either too old for our holiday club or there isn't an alternative they want to go to (for the sake of it)

The employer, presumably, can't be bothered to work out the tax and if they had lots of claims for refunds coming through, I can see why this might be onerous. However, for substantial credit, there should be a way of getting your money back when you leave the scheme. The Voucher companies should not just get to keep it. At least, its immoral and at worst, I view it as theft.

Has anyone successfully managed to agree a refund with the employer or voucher company?

Thank you.

Comments

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Life in the slow lane
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    PGL take them so send your kids on a PGL holiday and have some peace and quiet for a few days!!!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • Hello I cannot find the previous thread about this, someone had posted that they had successfully been reimbursed, we have complained to kiddicare about the enormous amount of our money they have to no avail, I am currently escalating the complaint - can anyone comment on how they managed to get reimbursed please? thank you 
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,041 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper

https://www.kiddivouchers.com/employeefaqs.php

How do I obtain a refund?

Under HMRC guidelines, refunds are only allowed if you are unable to use your vouchers as a result of exceptional and unforeseeable circumstances.

Refunds must be processed through PAYE, so tax and National Insurance will be deducted. You must not accept any cash or change from your childcare provider in respect of your Childcare Vouchers.

If you have experienced an exceptional and unforeseen circumstance, provide details to info@kiddivouchers.com. The information you provide will be reviewed and may be shared with your employer.

Any refund depends on whether the fun allows one. Kiddiecare do, in the right circumstances. Not all funds do.

It also depends on whether your employer's payroll can refund. Your employer must agree to make the refund as tax and NIC need to be deducted from the amount.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback