Tastecard Question

Options
We are off to London next week with the kids (2 adults 2 kids). Since we have room only I thought I'd sign up for a free trial with Tastecard but it seems a bit of a pain and also hearing stories of them not being honoured when the bill arrives..

I can't work out if the restaurant is 2 for 1 but max diners 4 - does that mean with 1 card we can get 50% off the food bill?  Or is it only one card per table so only one meal would be free i.e. 25% ish discount? If my wife also had a card would that help?

Get the feeling many people get a shock when the bill comes. Was just hoping to use it in chains like Prezzo but that is '2 for 1' not '50% off food bill'

Anyway, any help welcome and any particularly good family friendly restaurants in central London (or near Euston where we will stay) very welcome. I think you cannot use it for breakfast much but please let me know if that is the case?

Also any other great deals in London outside of tastecard.

Comments

• jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Check the terms for each restaurant, most of them state how many per tastecard.
    For example Prezzo states 6 per tastecard and its 2for1 so the cheapest dishes of each course are free. So for four diners you would get two dishes free and pay for the two more expensive ones. Also not valid on Saturdays and you need to book in advance. Not valid on the childrens menu too so depends on the age of the kids and what they like to eat as well.

I've had tastecard trials before and forgot to use it due to the booking rule.

Also bear in mind there are a lot of cafes and restaurants in London either still closed as its not worth opening with fewer tourists or closed permantly.
  • united4ever
    united4ever Posts: 525 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ok, this is helpful - so the 2 cheapest dishes free. My kids are 12 and 9 so could probably have an adult main - pizza or pasta.

we will be there durin gthe week days so no issues with weekend.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback