B&Q Integrated Fridge/Freezer

Options
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone may be able to help. I've just finished installing a new B&Q Goodhome kitchen. Its a great kitchen, but for some reason the 50/50 fridge freezer did not fit in the housing, so in order to get the doors to all match up, I had to build a shelf inside the housing in order to lift the fridge up, but although now the doors all match up and opens etc, its really high! I had to lift it 7cm inside the cabinet so if you add on the plinth, its a good 20cm off the floor! 

Is there any solution or work around? As it just looks very odd being that high!

I have attached photos to help illustrate.

Thanks in advanced!
Tom

Comments

• ka7e
    ka7e Posts: 3,092 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I have a 50/50 Beko fridge-freezer in a DIY.com kitchen - it has exactly the same set-up. It took a bit of getting used to after an under-counter fridge I use the space underneath for freezer bags and labels. Tip - don't store small items on the top shelf as they can go out of reach!
    "Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.
  • tsears
    tsears Posts: 76 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for letting me know its not just me! I'll probably get used to it. Just odd, as after some research it seems a 60/40 door combination would fit so the 50/50 fridge was lower in the housing, but B&Q only offer 50/50 or 70/30! 
  • Rosa_Damascena
    Rosa_Damascena Posts: 6,353 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Looks fine to me! 

Perhaps you should reserve the back of the top shelf for goodies you shouldn't indulge in frequently :)
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • Sandtree
    Sandtree Posts: 10,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    the fridge/freezer's own doors are the same length, because its a 50/50 split, but are the outer wooden doors the same length as each other?
  • tsears
    Options
    Looks fine to me! 

Perhaps you should reserve the back of the top shelf for goodies you shouldn't indulge in frequently :)
    Thats what I'm planning to do  :D

• tsears
    Options
    Sandtree said:
    the fridge/freezer's own doors are the same length, because its a 50/50 split, but are the outer wooden doors the same length as each other?
    The fridge doors are around 80cm each in length and the outer wooden doors are 100cm, so in order for them to line up correctly I have had to raise the fridge within the integrated cupboard  :/
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure