May No-Spend Days 3
May Grocery Challenge Spend £31.18/£186
May Baking Fund Spend £7.45/£24
May Bulk Buy Fund Spend £18.00/£100
Decluttering 100 items by the end of the month 0/100
Try being A Bit More Nellie
We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Rotary clothes line
Comments
-
Brabantia Lift O Matic. Worth every penny.1
-
I have checked online and Dunelm has 20% off atm.theonlywayisup said:Brabantia Lift O Matic. Worth every penny.
Personally I like straightforward washing lines, but I haven't had a rotary one. With the clothes clumped together, do they dry as fast?
No man is worth crawling on this earth.
So much to read, so little time.0 -
I've had both types at various times Rosa and think that siting is just as, if not more, important. You need a nice open, unshaded area with a good steady airflow for success with either type so it really depends on what you can achieve where you currently live.Rosa_Damascena said:
I have checked online and Dunelm has 20% off atm.theonlywayisup said:Brabantia Lift O Matic. Worth every penny.
Personally I like straightforward washing lines, but I haven't had a rotary one. With the clothes clumped together, do they dry as fast?
Given good conditions IMHO washing lines dry only marginally faster but you can hang a much bigger load on a good rotary which is a lot easier to load and unload.3 -
£100 on a Brabantia, spike and cover it is then - easy decision.goldfinches said:
I've had both types at various times Rosa and think that siting is just as, if not more, important. You need a nice open, unshaded area with a good steady airflow for success with either type so it really depends on what you can achieve where you currently live.Rosa_Damascena said:
I have checked online and Dunelm has 20% off atm.theonlywayisup said:Brabantia Lift O Matic. Worth every penny.
Personally I like straightforward washing lines, but I haven't had a rotary one. With the clothes clumped together, do they dry as fast?
Given good conditions IMHO washing lines dry only marginally faster but you can hang a much bigger load on a good rotary which is a lot easier to load and unload.No man is worth crawling on this earth.
So much to read, so little time.0 -
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/brabantia-50-metre-4-arm-liftomatic-rotary-washing-line-1-x-ground-spike-1-x-cover-and-pegs-ps6320-click-collect-at-dunelm-3758498Rosa_Damascena said:
£100 on a Brabantia, spike and cover it is then - easy decision.goldfinches said:
I've had both types at various times Rosa and think that siting is just as, if not more, important. You need a nice open, unshaded area with a good steady airflow for success with either type so it really depends on what you can achieve where you currently live.Rosa_Damascena said:
I have checked online and Dunelm has 20% off atm.theonlywayisup said:Brabantia Lift O Matic. Worth every penny.
Personally I like straightforward washing lines, but I haven't had a rotary one. With the clothes clumped together, do they dry as fast?
Given good conditions IMHO washing lines dry only marginally faster but you can hang a much bigger load on a good rotary which is a lot easier to load and unload.
1 -
Don't be tempted just to drive the spike into the ground, dig a hole and concrete it in. I did make the mistake of just hammering the spike in and it was fine for many months. We then had a prolonged spell of heavy rain, and the next time the line was used it developed a lean of about 10 degrees. It hasn't got any worse but I will have to dig it out and do a proper job at some point.
1 -
Mine's been in for around 8 years with zero movement. I suppose it depends on how prone the area is to flooding/water saturation.TELLIT01 said:Don't be tempted just to drive the spike into the ground, dig a hole and concrete it in. I did make the mistake of just hammering the spike in and it was fine for many months. We then had a prolonged spell of heavy rain, and the next time the line was used it developed a lean of about 10 degrees. It hasn't got any worse but I will have to dig it out and do a proper job at some point.1 -
Brabantia lift--o-matic - Definitely worth the money!
SPC # 115
1 -
We are on the coast in Cornwall and I can only echo this comment. Do it once, do it properly.TELLIT01 said:Don't be tempted just to drive the spike into the ground, dig a hole and concrete it in.1 -
When we used the below to disguise the hole when line not in use

1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

