Vulnerable Persons Discretionary Trust

edited 16 July 2021 at 9:27PM in Disability money matters
2 replies 211 views
RobinHillRobinHill Forumite
310 Posts
Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic
edited 16 July 2021 at 9:27PM in Disability money matters
Not sure which MSE forum is best for this question but any help and direction appreciated ...
I'm in receipt of UC with LCWRA, enhanced PIP, and I own my own home. 
My partner would at some point like to sell her home, buy a share of my property and cohabit. She is my carer and in addition works 23 hours per week earning £13k per year. In doing so however I would lose my UC income.
We would be allowed to sell my property and use both proceeds to buy jointly and maintain a joint UC claim.
However would she be permitted to place her house sale proceeds into a vulnerable persons discretionary trust to which I would be the sole beneficiary, and I would grant her a commensurate share of my property.
Thank you.


Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Did you know there's an MSE app?

It's free & available on iOS & Android


Regifting: good idea or not?

Add your two cents to the discussion

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools