Travel to the Balearics

I’m trying to understand the travel process for a holiday to Mallorca with vaccinated adults & an under 18.

I think no test required going out, but a pcr test that we need to find & fund day 3 prior to return. Then a day 2 pcr test when back in the UK. 

Am I right? Any confirmation welcome!

Replies

• Ben1989Ben1989 Forumite
    431 Posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Depends how young the child is. If she's 11-18 yes she'll require a pre-departure to the UK test. This can also be a rapid antigen test which is quicker, more convenient and cheaper. Doesn't have to be a PCR test.

Regarding going out, this is from the UK gov's website regarding travel to Spain. Again, depends on age.

Testing and vaccination requirements for arrivals from the UK

From 2 July 2021, the Spanish government requires all arrivals to Spain from the UK (excluding children under the age of 12 years old) to present on entry one of the following:

• documentation certifying that you have undertaken a COVID-19 nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT - e.g. PCR, TMA, LAMP or NEAR) within 72 hours prior to arrival in Spain and tested negative. Antigen tests are only accepted in certain limited circumstances as outlined in section ‘k’ of the ‘Entry requirements for entry in Spain from third countries’ on the Spanish Ministry of Health ‘Travel and COVID-19’ page (see information on limited exceptions below).

• proof of being fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to arrival in Spain (date(s) of vaccination must be specified), with a vaccine authorised by the European Medicines Agency or by the World Health Organisation

• SuzybeeSuzybee Forumite
    3 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Suzybee said:
    I’m trying to understand the travel process for a holiday to Mallorca with vaccinated adults & an under 18.

I think no test required going out, but a pcr test that we need to find & fund day 3 prior to return. Then a day 2 pcr test when back in the UK. 

Am I right? Any confirmation welcome!
    So my teen will have to get a pcr test before flying. And returning we can all get a rapid antigen test? Which I assume is easily available?!

• Ben1989Ben1989 Forumite
    431 Posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yes. They need a PCR test before flying (or LAMP but aren't as available as PCR).

Rapid antigen, yes. There are companies where you can take them with you, or resorts do them, or hotels have local centres for tourists. All depends what your plans are and your accommodation plans in Mallorca