Claiming via credit card help

We fully paid for orlando park tickets via orlando attraction tickets which we have to return (cant go this yr :-( ) This company has a policy of refunding minus 25% which will be nearly £1000 lost! Can we claim this back via credit card as we paid all using our card? Thanks

Comments

• MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    You can try  -  but what does your insurance policy say? If the park is open and it's the company's policy, though, I'm not sure there's a way around that, not if you agreed to it in the first place.

Having been to Orlando - assuming you mean Disney World - a few times and have found that it's cheaper and very easy to actually buy tickets for attractions when you actually get there. 
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    redcassey said:
    We fully paid for orlando park tickets via orlando attraction tickets which we have to return (cant go this yr :-( ) This company has a policy of refunding minus 25% which will be nearly £1000 lost! Can we claim this back via credit card as we paid all using our card? Thanks
    No. You only have the same rights against the card provider as against the retailer, not anything extra.
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If the conditions of sale made it clear there would be a 25% charge for refunds, then the company has not broken its contract with you and the credit card issuer has no reason to refund you. 
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,101 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    have you got travel insurance with the appropriate cover?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback