LWCRA

Options
Hi There, is there anybody that can help me find out if I am entitled to any backdated payments for Lwcra.

Comments

• tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This webpage confirms how LWCRA payments can be backdated: Long-term health condition or disability - Entitledto
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • HARRIS60
    Options
    I have been sending fit notes since my first initial  claim for UC back in Feb 20. I sent UC50 form in Sept 20. Attended assessment interview June 21 & awarded Lwcra 29th June 21. First payment of Lwcra £343 to be paid with my UC payment 12th July. Am I entitled to any back pay? Thank you for your first reply.
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Based on the link I sent, I would say that you are entitled to back payment of the  LWCRA element since you claimed it in Sept 20. You should ask the DWP to pay you this back pay by messaging your work coach via your journal. Then consult your local Citizens Advice if they don't agree to pay you this back pay. 

There seems to be some anecdotal evidence that the DWP are taking the line that the pandemic mean that the  delays were beyond  their control and hence they don't have to backdate the  LCWRA element. This view needs to be challenged in the courts. I expect there are preexisting challenges underway, and that your local Citizens Advice will be able to advise you how you might join one of the challenges or if you need to make your own individual appeal.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It’s not unusual for the backdated money to take more than the 7 working days stated in the decision letter you received on your journal. This is because all of your past monthly statements need to be recalculated for each individual payment. Once this is done then payment is usually made.
    I’d advice you to leave a message under the payment section of your journal to ask about the additional LCWRA money they owe you.
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,424 Forumite
    Options
    HARRIS60 said:
    I have been sending fit notes since my first initial  claim for UC back in Feb 20. I sent UC50 form in Sept 20. Attended assessment interview June 21 & awarded Lwcra 29th June 21. First payment of Lwcra £343 to be paid with my UC payment 12th July. Am I entitled to any back pay? Thank you for your first reply.
    tacpot12 said:
    Based on the link I sent, I would say that you are entitled to back payment of the  LWCRA element since you claimed it in Sept 20. You should ask the DWP to pay you this back pay by messaging your work coach via your journal. Then consult your local Citizens Advice if they don't agree to pay you this back pay. 
    Are you sure?  Sending in fit notes from the start of the claim should backdate it to the 4th payment of the entire claim, not miss out because of DWP's delay in sending the form.  By my reckoning that would take it all the way back to the payment in June 20 (for 4th AP, May/June 20).

I'm certain you are entitled to a year's worth of backpay BUT don't expect it just yet, your decision hasn't long come through and they'll have to recalculate every UC award as poppy mentioned.  If you want a copy of your original statements for your own records, make sure to save them because when they recalculate to factor in the LCWRA they will overwrite the originals.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    Options
    HARRIS60 said:
    tacpot12 said:
    BUT don't expect it just yet, your decision hasn't long come through and they'll have to recalculate every UC award as poppy mentioned.
    Yes indeed, it can take a while to do the calculation. My daughter had a decision on her WCA at the begining of last week and she was awarded LCWRA, they owe her 2 months of LCWRA money but i won't expect it just yet.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback