Hermes Waste of time

We were expecting a parcel yesterday we had it on next day delivery and paid the extra cost we got an email from them to say they tried to deliver between 7:23 pm but nobody was in it was an absolute lie we have cameras on the house that activate with motion sensors and record 24 seven we checked back through it all nobody had been it’s an absolute lie you try and get in touch with them you cannot get hold of anybody and you’re just in a loop and get nowhere for me if you get the chance don’t ever use this company they are an absolute waste of time and don’t put the customer first

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    ...and breathe.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Odd that as judged by posts on here Hermes have no negative comments . Is the reason why so many use them .
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 18,617
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You need to contact the sender as they are the people who have the contract with Hermes.
  • JJC1956
    JJC1956 Posts: 328
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I use Hermes all the time for posting stuff that I sell on eBay (30 plus items since Easter) I drop the parcel off at the shop and print my label in the shop which obviously saves money on my printer (paper, ink and sellotape) as of yet I have had no problems sending stuff BUT someone sent me a parcel using Hermes and as I was away when it was due to arrive, I put my work address for delivery, what part of we are closed evenings and weekends does Hermes not understand, I had major problems trying to contact them to discuss delivery, so I empathise with the OP.
    PS DPD sent me a picture outside my flat last Friday to prove they had been to my flat but nobody was at home, really!!!
    there was someone at home all day. I think they all need to go on a door entry training course. 
  • sheramber said:
    You need to contact the sender as they are the people who have the contract with Hermes.
    We have hopefully they will do something about it
  • wegptrem
    wegptrem Posts: 33
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I had a similar experience with Fed-Ex last month.
    Paid £7.95 for next day delivery
    Got an email on the expected delivery day from Fed-Ex to say it was out for delivery and would be delivered that day - but nothing arrived.
    The following day got another email from Fed-Ex to say it was out for delivery - it eventually arrived at 5.24 pm

I contacted the seller, Dyas, explained and said I wasn't happy about paying for a service I didn't get.

Hats off to Dyas - they refunded me £3, (which is the difference between their £7.95 'next day delivery' charge and their normal delivery charge of £4.95), along with an apology.

Glad you contacted your seller - it won't help with the annoyance and it may only be a couple of pounds, but you shouldn't have to pay for a service you didn't receive.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback