We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
O/S Daily Monday 5 July 2021
Comments
-
Morning, hugs if you need one. Glad you are winding down a bit Gers. Is the flat on at offers over, or fixed price? that can mean that people take their time offering.
Its a bright morning, I have the bed linen in the washer. hope to get it dry on the line. We had one spell yesterday, a couple of claps of thunder, one lightening streak and pouring rain for about 20 minutes, then it all dried off. Guess we were lucky.
The pork yesterday was delicious, I have left some out to have tonight, might just do a jacket spud and salad with it. We are still eating strawberries, but they are slowing down a bit now. DB needs to peg down some runners, the bed we planted 3 years ago will be dug out.
DB's ankle is a bit of a mess, If it looks no better tomorrow I will have to ring for an appointment with the Dr.
Cleaner here this morning, I am going to get her to spot clean the sitting room carpet for me. I managed to get more of the foam cleaner that I used to get the blood out of the hall carpet.
I really need to apply myself to Little Miss's quilt, I have almost finished making the first part of the blocks, now have to sew them up again..........I need to have a turf out in my sewing room and also our bedroom, there is a chest in there I really want to get rid of, so need to sort out whats in it.
Taff hope you get your car sorted, my skoda was starting to cost money, engineer thought the turbo was going which would have been expensive to replace, plus the engine mountings were going to have to be replaced, so I bit the bullet and bought a new one. Thanks to money I had been squirreling away I had the cash to pay for it. I now have to rebuild the emergency account!!
8 -
Morning all
Its a bit dull and overcast here but the sun is meant to come out later and then more rain this evening. I am meeting two friends for lunch today from my old work place we have not seen each other since we all left so it will be nice to see them, we will have lunch in a cafe overlooking a lake and then if the weather holds we will have a walk around the lake, I am really looking forward to it.
I need to empty the dw this morning and I will have a hoover through and a quick tidy before I go out, will take the dogs out later this afternoon.
Not sure about dinner we did not have the seafood pasta last night as we were too full so we may have that tonight.
TA enjoy your break xx
Scarlett Happy Birthday to your DH xx
Gers I hope you get a good offer soon xx
Have good days all xxx
9 -
Morning all, rained all night and we've just had a really heavy burst.The gutters couldn't take it at the front, it was overflowing and bypassing the downspout so need to get DH to have a look at that. He'll not be best pleased with this rain - starting on a new job building an extension today so the digging out will be messy
Feeling tired today, DDog has a poorly ear and scratched until it bled so I slept downstairs to keep an eye on her.Gave her a tablet and drops but it was ages until she settled.S*ds law, she's fast asleep now
We didnt do anything yesterday really as the roads were shut due to IronmanUK all around the town. The last entrant to finish was a woman around 10.30pm, that's after a 6am swim to start,then a 112 mile bike ride and a 26 mile run! What grit and determination to keep going to finish, wow!DH sorted his wardrobe out too Gers, loads of tatty work gear he can take to the skip at work, & stuff that he hasn't worn that I'll wash and send to the CS - I'll start that today.I have 2 lunches out this week, the 1st with my ex SisIL, and the day after with my cousins.We had steak last night from a T meal deal, tonight either salmon or chicken, will see which needs using first.Enjoy your lovely views TA,Take care all x
:heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)9 -
I plan to do some sorting today after I finish the ironing. Slow and steady wins the race.6
-
Morning from mehefinland. A very quick one from me as......
41st anniversary today!!! Where did the time go?
Hugs and spoons as always
Mehefin7 -
Taff and Gers, you are welcome to the big poppy we have been trying to get rid of for a couple of years. I thought we'd succeeded but it's sprung up in a couple of places again. Funny how one man's meat is another man's poison.
Happy anniversary Mehefin and Mrs Mehefin.
Forgot to say that I have finished Laura's jumpsuit. It has taken ages, mainly because I kept having to wait until I saw her to do fittings.8 -
Snoozer - I'd love poppies in my garden!
I pass some on my way to and from work, growing at the side of the road, and always think how pretty they are.
Busy day at work - just having a cuppa and thinking about cutting the grass at the front as it's really long and has weeds like cabbages. It rained this morning but has been dry since lunchtime, so it should be ok to cut.7 -
I read Csarina's post about destroying the paper journals because they are also on computer disks - and I had to come out of lurking (since 2002!). Remember technology changes (remember 5 1/4 inch and 3 1/2 inch disks for the computer?) and by the time your grandchildren are looking for information on their grandparents and life in the early 2000s, they won't be able to read what is on your computer any more. Unless you have given your relatives your passwords, all will be lost. A friend did her genealogy on a password-protected computer and her brother has never been able to access it - it is just gone - all she worked on for over 30 years. Think about future generations and what they will be able to find about you and your life before you destroy records. Thank you.8
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

