Cancelling gym membership purchased acsrd online

Options
Hello,

I wanted to join a CrossFit gym and they won’t show you the programme before you join. They offer a taster session but I declined. I joined online and just checking I can cancel within the 14 days?

I’m getting mixed results when I Google. It’s not in the contract - it’s actually a 3 month contract but I purchased it online. 

Comments

• Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    I think gym membership would be categorised as provision of a service?  If so, then I think you lose the 14 day online cancellation window once you start using the service.  Bit of a Catch-22...

Others will know better than me.  See what other responses you get.
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello,

I wanted to join a CrossFit gym and they won’t show you the programme before you join. They offer a taster session but I declined. I joined online and just checking I can cancel within the 14 days?

I’m getting mixed results when I Google. It’s not in the contract - it’s actually a 3 month contract but I purchased it online. 

Why didn't you take the taster session, particularly as you were unsure that they offered the programme you wanted?
  • pbartlett
    pbartlett Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 5 July 2021 at 12:55PM
    Options
    yes you can cancel within 14 days. do it as soon as you can. Have a look at their t&c and see if there is anything about how to cancel. do it in writing, as well as by email / phone to cover all bases.
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello,

I wanted to join a CrossFit gym and they won’t show you the programme before you join.  

Was this not a massive red flag?
  • Savesmartsunday
    Options
    Hello,

I wanted to join a CrossFit gym and they won’t show you the programme before you join.  

Was this not a massive red flag?
    Hi it’s quite normal. 
  • Savesmartsunday
    Options
    All good, refund got 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business