What has happened to M&S customer service?

There is no longer an email address on the site for complaints.The chatline is useless, phone queues are at least 15minutes long now.If you do find an email adress they respond on one with no response facility so closing down the complaint.

I cannot browse on  Chromebook because the photos are all blank.Can't get an answer from anyone.They don't want to know.

Is it just me?

Comments

• MattMattMattUK
    MattMattMattUK Posts: 8,220
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Zirconia said:
    There is no longer an email address on the site for complaints.The chatline is useless, phone queues are at least 15minutes long now.If you do find an email adress they respond on one with no response facility so closing down the complaint.

I cannot browse on  Chromebook because the photos are all blank.Can't get an answer from anyone.They don't want to know.

Is it just me?
    What do you actually want to complain to them about?
  • Diamandis
    Diamandis Posts: 881
    Forumite
    Their customer service agents are very unlikely to help you with an issue with your chromebook. 
  • Zirconia
    Zirconia Posts: 13
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Well, they said they would refer the matter to their IT team for review,whatever that means.I got the impression that they do have a problem with providing access to Chromebook users but up to now  I have never had a problem.Other online sites are fine so it must be them.
    Who do I complain to then?And why do so many sites not provide a dedicated email for customers any more?It is a nightmare getting through to anyone.Obviously it is to cut costs.
  • MattMattMattUK
    MattMattMattUK Posts: 8,220
    Forumite
    Zirconia said:
    Well, they said they would refer the matter to their IT team for review,whatever that means.I got the impression that they do have a problem with providing access to Chromebook users but up to now  I have never had a problem.Other online sites are fine so it must be them.
    That was probably just their default option to get you to go away. The issue would be with your Chromebook rather than anything on the M&S site, it could be an issue with your browser's lite mode, you may have inadvertently cached it, made it available offline etc. and it is using one of those, or it could be something else, but it is highly unlikely to be an issue with the M&S itself due to the way that websites operate and the fact that most of the time Chromebooks use Chrome to display websites.
    Zirconia said:
    Who do I complain to then?
    No one, if the issue is with M&S, which is highly unlikely, then their web designers will fix it when they can anyway, if the issue is with your Chromebook which is the most likely reason then it is nothing to do with M&S.
    Zirconia said:
    And why do so many sites not provide a dedicated email for customers any more?It is a nightmare getting through to anyone.Obviously it is to cut costs.
    Live chat works easier for many, more and more spurious "complaints" to deal with as well, some of which the automated part of the live chat bot can weed out first etc. 
  • pbartlett
    pbartlett Posts: 1,397
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    you could post your problem on the techie board here - someone will help you with your chromebook
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,595
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    So the issue is to do with viewing the website on your chromeback, have you troed contacting them on Twitter ?
  • Debran
    Debran Posts: 349
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Zirconia has probably been trying to contact the M&S store website.

I can assure you that the M&S Bank is no better.  Webchat gets you nowhere, your only recourse is to an overseas call centre where the staff are polite but English is not their first language,  getting through to speak to someone takes far too long and you get a different answer to the same problem each time you ring.  Ask to speak to a supervisor and you are put on hold until the call cuts out.
  • pbartlett
    pbartlett Posts: 1,397
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Debran said:
    Zirconia has probably been trying to contact the M&S store website.

I can assure you that the M&S Bank is no better.  Webchat gets you nowhere, your only recourse is to an overseas call centre where the staff are polite but English is not their first language,  getting through to speak to someone takes far too long and you get a different answer to the same problem each time you ring.  Ask to speak to a supervisor and you are put on hold until the call cuts out.
    I'd kill for customer service as good as that with Hermes...!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback