We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

PCR tests day 2 and day 8

Daz_Cooksey
Daz_Cooksey Posts: 5
First Post
Forumite
edited 19 May 2025 at 4:56PM in Coronavirus Board
Because I had a faulty day 2 tests with Boots, they have sent me two new pcr test kits which I could use when returning from Croatia next month. However it says I have to show proof I have bought these. If they have been sent free, how can I prove I have them?

Comments

  • MattMattMattUK
    MattMattMattUK Posts: 13,133
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Because I had a faulty day 2 tests with Boots, they have sent me two new pcr test kits which I could use when returning from Croatia next month. However it says I have to show proof I have bought these. If they have been sent free, how can I prove I have them?
    Did Boots process them as a zero value order, or just send them out in the post?
  • It was quite complicated. I bought three test kits last May, one predeparture test plus the day 2/8 tests. Predeparture test was ok, but day 2 test would not validate online and I have never been able to get a negative test certificate from it, however my day 8 test came back negative. I complained I had paid for three test result certificates and eventually they sent me two free test kits, but no paperwork inside and no confirmation email saying they were posting it.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.