Air BnB Booking - refund

I have an Air BnB booked in July however we need to cancel due to restrictions on numbers, at present our host is only offering a 50% refund, I’ve been down the chargeback route and they said that won’t work, is there a way of clawing back the remaining 50%!? Are there any websites to sell unwanted holidays?! 

Comments

• MoJoeGo
    MoJoeGo Posts: 175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    I'm surprised you thought that chargeback was appropriate to start with.

Maybe take a look at the many many similar threads that explain that, unless you had a flexible booking (which it sounds like you don't, although I can't read your booking T&Cs from here), it's not your host's problem that you can't travel.

In the circumstances getting 50% back is better than many others have managed with bookings that they cancelled.
  • MoJoeGo said:
    I'm surprised you thought that chargeback was appropriate to start with.

Maybe take a look at the many many similar threads that explain that, unless you had a flexible booking (which it sounds like you don't, although I can't read your booking T&Cs from here), it's not your host's problem that you can't travel.

In the circumstances getting 50% back is better than many others have managed with bookings that they cancelled.

Some people seem to think that the terms and conditions they agreed to don't apply to them and when something goes wrong someone else will be there to step in and bail them out.

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 June 2021 at 8:11PM
    I have an Air BnB booked in July however we need to cancel due to restrictions on numbers,
    That's not the hosts issue. The property is available as per your original booking. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback