What happened to all the eating out deals?

Options
Used to be loads of stuff going on. Prezzo, Nando's, 2-1's 40% off Mains, etc etc. Now there's like literally nothing. 15p off a happy meal? It's terrible out there, I can't imagine going to Pizza express without any deals and just paying full whack on the whole menu.

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Impact of the pandemic perhaps. Prezzo went into administration and as a consequence has closed a number of outlets. 
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Most of the places that offered discounts five days a week went bust.
    The owner of Bella Italia and Cafe Rouge went into administration. I think they got bought out but I expect new owners will look to be less reliant on discounts just to fill tables.
    Prezzo got bought out of administration too, as did Zizzi & Ask.
    All of these places will try to review how the old owners operated and find a more profitable solution.

Also while they couldn't seat as many people due to social distancing I think many places would rather have 10 customers paying full price than 15 paying a reduced price.

Nando's never really offered discounts except for their loyalty card and an emergency services discount.

McDonalds is still offering a lot of discounts on their App or you can find the vouchers in the Metro paper.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback