Blue Badge and Learning Disabilities

Options
Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone might be able to advise me?  I'm looking into applying for a Blue Badge for my son.  He doesn't automatically qualify, but I read through the list of 'might' qualify and he would tick three or four of those boxes.  When it comes to providing evidence, do you think it's better to ask the GP to write a letter confirming the difficulties, or would it be better to send in reports with the relevant sections highlighted?  His reports are quite lengthy so I wondered if it's easier from their point of view just to have one letter stating the necessary information?  Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    LocoLoco said:
    Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone might be able to advise me?  I'm looking into applying for a Blue Badge for my son.  He doesn't automatically qualify, but I read through the list of 'might' qualify and he would tick three or four of those boxes.  When it comes to providing evidence, do you think it's better to ask the GP to write a letter confirming the difficulties, or would it be better to send in reports with the relevant sections highlighted?  His reports are quite lengthy so I wondered if it's easier from their point of view just to have one letter stating the necessary information?  Thanks in advance for any replies :)

My daughter also has a LD and ASD, she claims Enhanced for both parts of PIP but doesn't qualify for the BB. I haven't applied for her because we live together and i have a BB myself, so no need for her. If i was going to apply then i'd send in the full reports BUT get a high lighting pen to highlight the areas in the report that you think apply.

To be honest a GP will very rarely know how anyone conditions affect them so a letter from your GP may not be helpful.
  • LocoLoco
    LocoLoco Posts: 420 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks, Poppy, I'll have to dig out my highlighter pen!  I remember that some of it was stuff I highlighted for his PIP claim so if I'm lucky some of the work's already done :)  Thanks again.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    LocoLoco said:
    Thanks, Poppy, I'll have to dig out my highlighter pen!  I remember that some of it was stuff I highlighted for his PIP claim so if I'm lucky some of the work's already done :)  Thanks again.
    I did exactly the same thing for my daughters PIP claim.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback