Drive Vauxhall

Options
Hi 
I hope someone can help me with this.  I recently bought a 2014 Nissan note at Darlington Drive Vauxhall.  The day it was delivered after the guy had left I realised that the mileage was 4000 more on the clock than the order form.  Having discussed this with a friend I now believe that was to allow them to do a mini service rather than the full service that it should have had. Attempts to call the showroom were unsuccessful so I  emailed the salesman who did not respond, after a week I emailed the manager of the saleroom including the email I sent to the salesman.  While waiting for a response I had the car valeted and when I picked it up the guy told me that the underside of the rear bumper was damaged obviously from an impact and that the bumper was being held in place with a plastic tie.  I went onto the Vauxhall complaints website and sent a complain to them that was two weeks ago, still no response.

I am 65 and feel that my age gender and inexperience in buying a used car have been used against me by the salesman in this situation.  I don't know what to do next especially as I am not even sure if the car is safe for me to be driving I have no idea what damage may be hidden under the car.

Any help welcome thanks

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Independent inspection and report AA or someone else if you dont feel happy going to the dealer ship .
    Or your knowledgable friend may have better advice .

(I am 65 and feel that my age gender and inexperience in buying a used car have been used against me by the salesman in this situation.) 
    ???????/

• 68ComebackSpecial
    Options
    JJ_Egan said:
    Independent inspection and report AA or someone else if you dont feel happy going to the dealer ship .

(I am 65 and feel that my age gender and inexperience in buying a used car have been used against me by the salesman in this situation.) 
    ???????/

Because it's a universally acknowledged truth that all women and the elderly are inherently vulnerable and known prey of car salesmen vultures. B)  Though, as a female, I disagree with this, as I suspect would those in their sixties who feel a long way from categorizing themselves as elderly.
  • The_Fat_Controller
    Options
    The age and gender card has no bearing on the situation.

If it was a completely "distance sale", how recently was "recently" ?

You may be able to reject it if it has not been 14 days since delivery.

Do you have dated photographic evidence of the mileage discrepancy and bumper damage ?

Take it back to them and confront them face to face.
  • pbartlett
    pbartlett Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    JJ_Egan said:

???????/

Because it's a universally acknowledged truth that all women and the elderly are inherently vulnerable and known prey of car salesmen vultures. B)  Though, as a female, I disagree with this, as I suspect would those in their sixties who feel a long way from categorizing themselves as elderly.
    it wasn't an Austen they were buying but a Vauxhall....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback