Lloyds credit card PPI

I received a PPI refund payout in Dec 2019,. It didn't give a breakdown of how the refund had been calculated so I telephoned to request one.  They tried to Palm me off saying it was based on average sums as they didn't have all the records.  

Yesterday I received a letter from them ( I'd almost forgotten about it) with the breakdown and the dates they've used fall short of the time span I had the card for by at least nine years.  

Tried calling but they were closed. I'll ring again on Monday. Anyone else queried payout and had similar experience

Comments

• brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    If you’re unhappy at the dates you’ve been told they’ve worked with, provide statements for the period they’ve missed and it should be re-worked.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • It's approx 9 years up until 2008. Might not have statements but have receipts for things purchased with card
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    They tried to Palm me off saying it was based on average sums as they didn't have all the records.  

The is not palming you off.  That is the required process where no evidence is available.

It's approx 9 years up until 2008. Might not have statements but have receipts for things purchased with card

Excellent.  Provide them with every receipt for every purchase and evidence of the monthly repayment you made and they may reconsider.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Thanks for your advice I have spoken to them this morning albeit a call centre in Manila.   Have explained that they miscalculated the length of time I held the credit card and requested they look into it again.  Not sure how much of a grasp the call handler had but have requested a copy of the details she recorded and hopefully it won't take another 18 months to get a response
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Telling them over the phone won’t achieve anything, you giving them dates isn’t going to magic up statements. You will need to provide these to evidence that you held the PPI and how much you paid, otherwise it’s not going to change anything.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • Don't forget also that while you may have purchases going back longer than they hold records, that doesn't mean you had (or paid) PPI then - it could have been sold later, or payments made in full up to a point (thus no PPI paid) and PPI was only being paid for the period they know about. If you don't have statements from back then I wouldn't hold my breath but you might get the extra money which would be a bonus, and if not, you haven't lost anything.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback