Curry’s Your Plan Creation Issue

Options
lisastevo
lisastevo Posts: 77 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 6 June 2021 at 6:57PM in Credit cards
Apologies if this is in the wrong section!

I have just opened a Curry’s Your Plan account and was accepted with a £5000 limit. I signed all the online contract and set up my online account.

I logged in and everything was fine, all information about my £5k limit and I followed the link to make a purchase (IPad on BNPL 12 months)

Went to the checkout, said I had £5k to spend on my credit account, pressed submit and it said my credit application was denied and to check my equifax file etc etc…. I thought it must be a mistake as I’d been through the credit check, ID verification and signed all the online agreements so tried the purchase again and again it was declined?!

Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone before?

Im panicking now that something is wrong. Checked Equifax, no record of searches or anything untoward on my credit file

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, it's happened to people before. 

For some reason, Currys don't necessarily allow all purchases to go through on credit, even it you have available limit.  You'll need to contact them.

• lisastevo
    Options

For some reason, Currys don't necessarily allow all purchases to go through on credit, even it you have available limit.  You'll need to contact them.

Thanks for your reply.

Do you think these additional “declines” will be a negative affect on my credit file? It was 3 different attempts in pretty quick succession.

I can still log into the creation/currys account and it still says £5k available and to follow this link to make a purchase. 

Apple iPads are on Buy Now Pay Later for on the website and it’s way below my agreed limit so I was baffled. Maybe it because I added accessories?! Would it do any harm to try again without the accessories? Im just worried about these declines 

TIA
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    lisastevo said:

Do you think these additional “declines” will be a negative affect on my credit file? 
    No, because it's an internal decision.
  • bengal-stripe
    bengal-stripe Posts: 3,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lisastevo said:
    I have just opened a Curry’s Your Plan account and was accepted with a £5000 limit. I signed all the online contract and set up my online account.

I logged in and everything was fine, all information about my £5k limit and I followed the link to make a purchase (IPad on BNPL 12 months)

Wouldn't that BNPL be an additional credit deal out of the scope of the Curry account? If you buy by credit on the account, you get invoiced and a few weeks later you are expected to pay the lot or you will start paying interest. If you buy BNPL, you pay nothing at the moment and before the 12 months are over you're expected to pay the whole purchase price in one lump sum (or you'll get charged crippling interest).

Do you want the item interest free for 12 months and after that you will start paying, putting the due amount down onto your account and pay it off over a certain time span? Can't you see that Curry isn't willing to mix two different credit schemes?
  • lisastevo
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.

When you purchase from Curry’s you get the option to choose how you would like to finance the product at the checkout via your account, I chose 12 months BNPL. 

I have since rectified the issue and the IPad is on its way. I took the accessories out of the basket at the checkout and everything went through fine.

• Caitlinspurrxo
    Options
    Hi , 
    Im having the same problem been accepted but when I try purchase something through the flexible credit it says unsuccessful. 
    How can I sort this please? 
  • dr_adidas01
    dr_adidas01 Posts: 2,136 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi , 
    Im having the same problem been accepted but when I try purchase something through the flexible credit it says unsuccessful. 
    How can I sort this please? 

Call creation and find out why its unsuccessful?
    Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
  • Maskface
    Maskface Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Creation seem to be withdrawing from the UK credit market a lot.
  • martinbainbridge1975
    Options
    Maskface said:
    Creation seem to be withdrawing from the UK credit market a lot.
    yes that is correct it started a while ago, they used to do a number of cards including one for Asda
  • sparks_2023
    sparks_2023 Posts: 184 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 May 2023 at 9:27AM
    Options

You have to log in to your Creation "Your Plan" account first and then go through the options to add a new purchase. At each point in the confusing process always log into your Creation account when prompted. Otherwise Currys will assume it is a new credit deal and not an addition to your existing creation account - and you will be hard credit searched again as if it is a new credit account.

Leap Day 2024 - the day of freedom. The day my pernicious debts finally died.

Legacy Default dates :
    Mr Lender - 31/10/2022
    Fund Ourselves - 22/12/2022
    Bamboo - 30/3/2023
    Likely Loans - 14/4/2023
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business