Rejected consent order

Can anyone assist please 
I am in receipt of my decree absolute so am officially divorced
My ex partners solicitor put together a consent order with it swaying heavily in his favour
Due to financial difficulty I was unable to seek legal advice regarding the matter at the time and due to circumstances really couldn't face the battle 
We were married for 20 years and it was a forces marriage so there is an army pension involved which I have staked no claim to 
The consent order was rejected on 31st March to safeguard myself and I am currently awaiting an initial hearing in court 
Where do I stand with appealing the order as I am now in a better position mentally and have had the offer of financial assistance from family

Thanks in advance 


  • TBagpussTBagpuss Forumite
    10.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Well, if the order was rejected you aren't appealing it - there's nothing yet to appeal! 
    You would need to confirm (in writing to his solicitor and the court) that in light of the rejection by the court you are withdrawing your consent to the proposed settlement. Now you have support, speak to a solicitor - they will be able to advise you - if you are satisfied that her information given on the D81 is accurate you may be able to discuss with them putting forward a proposal, or you may want to ask for more in depth disclosure first. 
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
  • Alias_OmegaAlias_Omega Forumite
    7.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Private Message sent.

Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

British Gas prepay meter users... pay less for gas from 1 April

MSE News

The 'odd Easter flavours' thread 2023

What bizarre food stuffs have you spied?

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools