Are meal deals worth it at Chessington?

Options
Hi, can anyone help me please? I've booked some free tickets for Chessington World of Adventures using tokens in The Sun and now have the opportunity to prebook meal deals at places like Vampire Burger Kitchen, Smokehouse BBQ, pizza and pasta etc, but there don't seem to be any menus on their website.

Does anyone know what you get for the money please and if the meal deals are worth it, saving time and money? Any thoughts really appreciated.

Comments

• olgadapolga
    olgadapolga Posts: 2,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    From what I remember, but I haven't been to Chessington for a couple of years now, the meal deals worked out a little cheaper than buying on the day. You'd get a burger/chips/drink or whatever the particular restaurant was offering (there's a burger place, fish and chips and others). The pizza/pasta place offered an "eat/drink all that you want" for walk in so presumably it would be the same for the meal deal. 

Probably best to contact Chessington via their social media. They may be able to get copies of the menus to you and confirm what the meal deals include. You might need to book for the restaurants as well, given the current state of play with the pandemic 

Hope you get the information you want. Have fun at Chessington!
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    If you're treating yourselves to a (free!) day out why not just forget about the cost and go wherever you want to for a meal? (Making sure to be safe, of course). You haven't had to pay for the tickets, so why not treat yourselves to some nice food? Or is that just me? I'd book somewhere in a pizza/pasta place as I don't eat meat and love pizza. Doesn't matter about a full menu. Can't you just do that?  I think a treat should be worry free - it's not as if it's something you spend on or do every day.  Choose food you all like to eat and go with that, book it and then you can save time and hopefully have a lovely day out with lovely food as well.

Enjoy yourselves!  :)
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • cannugec5
    cannugec5 Posts: 445 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MalMonroe said:
    why not just forget about the cost and go wherever you want to for a meal? 
    Perhaps because this is a money saving site? Perhaps the OP can only afford to treat the family on a very tight budget? 
    I’m afraid I have no answers for the OP but to dismiss their question as above, seems really unsupportive.
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can't recall at Chessingto but Alton Towers has similar prices and although I last went two years ago I think I paid about £7.50 last time for a burger meal (similar to burger king) or about £13 for unlimited pizza buffet including drinks (although there is no buffet at present due to covid).

I just looked up the meal deal prices and they don't seem a huge saving from what I recall the prices being, but they have probably increased a lot then!

The £9.50 smoke house meal sounds decent. But the £7.80 burger meal is pricey, it might only be a saving of £1 or so compared to on the day.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback