Council Tax

in Wales
1 reply 42 views
SunnytaffSunnytaff Forumite
2 Posts
First Anniversary
I live in a private rented property with my 2 children. I get 25% single persons living allowance and £3.10 a week council tax adjustment. My mother dropped dead Oct 18th 2018 & left me her house along with £38,000 worth of debt from her compulsive shopping. The house is full of damp and mold. A surveyor has been tp look at it and said it needs a full renovation  before anyone can live in it. The only things that can stay in the house is the boiler and the roof. Now the council are charging me a full council tax charge of £134.10 per month and they have told me I owe them £185 from ca payments I received that I wasn't entitled to because I have a capital of £99,000.!!! In their letter to me they say that my current account is £669 overdrawn  where as it is actually £2303.84 overdrawn. I'm at my wits end with it all. Can't sleep, can't eat, I'm a nervous wreck!!! Any advice? 


Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Mortgage rates

What can you (or should you) do?

MSE News

Train strikes

Your refund rights explained

MSE News