Item didn’t arrive

Options
Hi all
Been a while since I bought anything on eBay, looking for some advice off those in the know. 
I ordered an item, delivery date was supposed to be ~ 11th May. Just realised that it hadn’t come so went on to the app and asked for a refund. I immediately received a reply from the seller saying they were going to message me today as Royal Mail had sent it back to them as it was damaged so they have re-sent it today back out to me, with a free gift. 
Call me cynical but I’m suspicious. What if nothing comes now? Have I lost my money? Can I wait a few days to see if it comes before replying? What’s my best course of action from here? 
Many thanks for any help. 
Are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation? :cool:

Comments

• pbartlett
    pbartlett Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    wait for it to arrive - say a few days

if it doesn't arrive open an item not received case.

if it arrives afterwards simply cancel the case

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Comyface said:
    Hi all
    Been a while since I bought anything on eBay, looking for some advice off those in the know. 
    I ordered an item, delivery date was supposed to be ~ 11th May. Just realised that it hadn’t come so went on to the app and asked for a refund. I immediately received a reply from the seller saying they were going to message me today as Royal Mail had sent it back to them as it was damaged so they have re-sent it today back out to me, with a free gift. 
    Call me cynical but I’m suspicious. What if nothing comes now? Have I lost my money? Can I wait a few days to see if it comes before replying? What’s my best course of action from here? 
    Many thanks for any help. 
    Does it show that you have an open INR case? If so give the seller 2 or 3 days to add tracking for the replacement item and if nothing happens just escalate the case to ebay and you’ll get your refund. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Comyface
    Comyface Posts: 669 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There is a ‘request opened’ against my item. I’ll escalate to Ebay if it doesn’t turn up in a few days now. I didn’t want to say it was all okay before I get anything and I didn’t want to run out of time to get my money back if it doesn’t come. 
    Thanks for your help. 
    Are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation? :cool:
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 May 2021 at 9:54PM
    Options
    Comyface said:
    There is a ‘request opened’ against my item. I’ll escalate to Ebay if it doesn’t turn up in a few days now. I didn’t want to say it was all okay before I get anything and I didn’t want to run out of time to get my money back if it doesn’t come. 
    Thanks for your help. 
    The request will tell you when you can ask Ebay to step in, do so if the item hasn't arrived.

There is no need to worry about running out of time as you have the INR open. Just don't close the case without the item and don't let it 'time out' without you escalating (asking Ebay to step in).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback