Forum Home» Phones & TV

Money Saving Expert Broadband, Phone & TV - NOW TV, Broadband and Phone deal does NOT exist !

New Post Advanced Search

Money Saving Expert Broadband, Phone & TV - NOW TV, Broadband and Phone deal does NOT exist !

3 replies 122 views
ajprice1ajprice1 Forumite
2 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
I found a contractual opportunity to exit my Plusnet Broadband, Youview TV and phone contract early, so I set into motion ! 
I then used MoneySavingExpert's Tool for Broadband Unbundled deals - selecting Broadband, Line Rental and TV in my postcode. 
The deal from NOW Tv looked great  - Superfibre 63mb, 14 live TV channels , Truly Unlimited downloads and Free anytime calls on a 12 month contract and a discounted entertainment pass,
This looked great, so I selected the link  and launched myself to NowTV.
However, on arrival things just did NOT look correct ! - Broadband price of £26 per month, but the discounted entertainment pass was there and free anytime calls !
I tried it again and I thought the prices had just been changed, so I ordered the broadband to go live on 18th May 2021 and just thought things would be ok.
However, when the hardware arrived Thursday 14th May only a Wifi a hub, NO NowTV box !
I called customer services up and established that they had NO knowledge of this deal price ! They did not even know of a deal with the "Moneysaving expert website" !
I have thus cancelled the NOW TV contract.
I would recommend Money Saving expert correct the details of these offers on the Broadband TV Unbundled tool, the information is not clear that the only Sky Content offered is from the Entertainment Pass ( NOWTV's iplayer ), which is NOT live TV !
I am returning disgruntled to Plusnet to face two service price rises for the last 12 months of my contract.
Regards
Anthony Price

Replies

• p00hsticksp00hsticks Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    ajprice1 said:

I would recommend Money Saving expert correct the details of these offers on the Broadband TV Unbundled tool, the information is not clear that the only Sky Content offered is from the Entertainment Pass ( NOWTV's iplayer ), which is NOT live TV !

I can't comment on most of your post, as I'm not sure what deal you are talking about, and as a new user you won;t be able to provide links.
    However I can say that the Entertainment Pass, as well as providing a large range of box sets and programs to watch on demand, does indeed provide access to a number of channels to watch live, including Sky One, Sky Atlantic, SyFy etc - there is a full list shown towards the bottom of the page here.

• JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    18.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Offer does not show as supply of a Now TV box .
  • The_HawkThe_Hawk Forumite
    67 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    JJ_Egan said:
    Offer does not show as supply of a Now TV box .
    And, if the OP moved from Plusnet, they shouldn't need one, as the Plusnet YouView box provides access to Now TV.