Moving Home to a Disconnected Line?

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Generally, the ISP has to arrange a line provision with OpenReach and so doesn't really have a great deal of control over when it happens but there's no harm in asking. If they dont need access to the premises (ie there's a line already there) then you could initiate the contract as soon as you want and get the line provisioned before your take possessionif the vendor is in agreement.. All you need to be confident is that there is availability (ie no waiting list) when you want service to start.

If you want Virgin, then they probabl do need access, especially if the front garden has to be dug to lay a new cable and all these things become dependent on the availability of the resurces to do it on a specific day of your choosing rather than theirs. Their logistics can be as uncertain as yours although I gues Virgin might have slighly more control over their own stsff than an ISP who has to get OR to do the provisioning.

TBH there's not much point is asking us on the forum as we wont be doing the work, so you need to discuss it with the ISP of your choice to see waht might be possible.

Thanks matelo,

I suppose what I'm really seeking are the experiences of any who may have been in a similar position to mine esp with reguard to the timing issue of placing an order if I decide to go with a new ISP rather than just using the 'home move' option that PlusNet affords me.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback