Yay my experian credit score is 999

Options
Not that it makes one bit of difference to anything, I have finally received a 999 credit score update with get this, ways to improve my credit score? Incredible how ludicrous the score makers quest for making money is....
suggestions - you have £0 credit card usage, spend more money for the score to do what exactly? go up? no wait go down? 

Anyway, for anyone who thinks these credit scores are actually worth something, please note as this forum says many many times, ignore them, they are useless. This situation just proves that. 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    There is a satisfaction in seeing these scores increase though. I'm subbed to CreditKarma, Clearscore and MSE CC and been watching them all rise for some years, albeit rather slowly.
  • femalemonarchfemalecanine
    Options
    Not that it makes one bit of difference to anything, I have finally received a 999 credit score update with get this, ways to improve my credit score? Incredible how ludicrous the score makers quest for making money is....
    suggestions - you have £0 credit card usage, spend more money for the score to do what exactly? go up? no wait go down? 

Anyway, for anyone who thinks these credit scores are actually worth something, please note as this forum says many many times, ignore them, they are useless. This situation just proves that. 
    congratulations  :D
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 3 August 2023 at 4:25PM
    Options
    There is a satisfaction in seeing these scores increase though. I'm subbed to CreditKarma, Clearscore and MSE CC and been watching them all rise for some years, albeit rather slowly.
    Only a satisfaction if you believe the score represents anything. You can get 999 on Experian just by declaring bankruptcy ;)
  • Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 August 2023 at 4:25PM
    Options
    There is a satisfaction in seeing these scores increase though.
    Why ????? Where's the satisfaction in seeing a meaningless thing change?  I'm struggling to think of a relevant simile   ...  I don't know, perhaps you get pleasure from seeing the newsreader wearing a green tie tonight because he was wearing a yellow one yesterday ?  As the OP says, the scores are completely meaningless, so I fail to see how any satisfaction can be derived from seeing them change.

• NewLeaf1986
    NewLeaf1986 Posts: 168 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I got a 618 "Good" on Equifax despite having been bankrupt not long ago and having 17 previous defaults.

Other Half got a 582 "Good" on Equifax, 36 points lower than me, despite never having missed a payment on anything in his entire life.

Go figure. The magical meaningless number generator game continues .... 
  • dr_adidas01
    dr_adidas01 Posts: 2,136 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yay but that number is pointless!! 
    Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
  • ratechaser
    ratechaser Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yay, mine is 999 as well, and has been for... well, probably forever.

OP, maybe we should start some sort of club?
  • The_Real_Cheddar_Bob
    Options
    Yay, mine is 999 as well, and has been for... well, probably forever.

OP, maybe we should start some sort of club?
    Yes the randomly meaningless number club :smiley:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Treat yourself to a chocolate watch.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills