Amazon rant

No doubt ranted about before but Amazon are a slick outfit too slick for my liking. I ordered an item and asked for cheapest deliver. When i got to check out I saw that I had been charged premium (next day) delivery and there was no way I could change it so I cancelled the order. Tried to contact customer service on their website but will only respond if it is to do with an outstanding order. 
Named after my cat, picture coming shortly

Comments

• caveat_emptor
    caveat_emptor Posts: 757
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well thanks for your suggestion. 
  • So with that one error you needed to vent about Amazon. An error that was easily fixed with the option of being able to cancel the order. An error that was probably caused by yourself accidentally clicking the wrong thing.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,475
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    No doubt ranted about before but Amazon are a slick outfit too slick for my liking. I ordered an item and asked for cheapest deliver. When i got to check out I saw that I had been charged premium (next day) delivery and there was no way I could change it so I cancelled the order. Tried to contact customer service on their website but will only respond if it is to do with an outstanding order. 
    Do you mean you backed out of the transaction before paying or you paid then cancelled the order?

• pbartlett
    pbartlett Posts: 1,397
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    The premium delivery is the default option mostly. You always need to select (using the radio button) the postal service you want before checking out. However, I agree it is not exactly highlighted.....
  • Thanks for all your responses. Assuming I made a mistake and got checkout before I noticed, I then found it impossible to change. Couldn't go back to the delivery options page to make a change. So I cancelled the order which was a good thing for me as I got the item at same price and post free from ebay. If anyone knows how to change the delivery option on getting to checkout please let me know. Tried to get in touch with customer  service and could only get service if the item had already been ordered. 
  • preables
    preables Posts: 76
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    It’s not hard you either click standard delivery or premium delivery 🤣 Dont blame Amazon for your mistakes 
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 15 May 2021 at 1:34PM
    Thanks for all your responses. Assuming I made a mistake and got checkout before I noticed, I then found it impossible to change. Couldn't go back to the delivery options page to make a change. So I cancelled the order which was a good thing for me as I got the item at same price and post free from ebay. If anyone knows how to change the delivery option on getting to checkout please let me know. Tried to get in touch with customer  service and could only get service if the item had already been ordered. 
    You get 30 minutes to edit an Amazon order.  AFAIK you can change the address, payment method and postage option.  Of course this also means you can cancel it without any issue too. 
  • Mickey666
    Mickey666 Posts: 2,834
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thanks for all your responses. Assuming I made a mistake and got checkout before I noticed, I then found it impossible to change. Couldn't go back to the delivery options page to make a change. So I cancelled the order which was a good thing for me as I got the item at same price and post free from ebay. If anyone knows how to change the delivery option on getting to checkout please let me know. Tried to get in touch with customer  service and could only get service if the item had already been ordered. 
    Cant see the problem here.  After cancelling the order, why didn't you just re-order it with the required delivery option?

Strange thing to rant about.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,475
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    Mickey666 said:
    Cant see the problem here.  After cancelling the order, why didn't you just re-order it with the required delivery option?

Strange thing to rant about.

That makes sense.

Actually, I would have checked the price (and postage charges) from other retailers first and ordered from the website that suited my requirements:
    price
    delivery charge (if any)
    time to deliver (if I needed the item urgently)
    courier

I don't automatically assume Amazon has the best deal.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback