Right to a refund on credit card

I'm trying to find out if I can get a refund on a physical gift card I bought online. The retailer were super slow to dispatch a gift card to me and so I bought something else for my sister. It's only £30 but I now have a pointless Pandora gift card. 

I contacted them saying they were slow, please can I return it but they said no as gift cards are excluded under terms and conditions.

However I thought the old distance selling regulations had said gift cards were covered so not sure if the Customer Contract Regulations have the same meaning as it's not clear.
This isnt' a digital voucher, it's a physical card with a gift bag. I've not used it, or even opened it! 
Happy to be wrong but just seems silly that this is excluded.

Comments

• Oh why did i write credit card in the title I clearly meant gift card /sigh.

New user error - can I edit the title somehow or feel free  if a mod is watching!
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Post is a praise a vent or a warning ??
    Or should really be in Consumer Rights section .
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Might be wise to take a Diet Coke break and re post in the Consumer Rights with the title you want.  AFAIK you can't edit the title of a post (happy to be corrected).

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,759 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Might be wise to take a Diet Coke break and re post in the Consumer Rights with the title you want.  AFAIK you can't edit the title of a post (happy to be corrected).

Yes you can - if you go in to edit the first post it allows you to change the title as well as the text

•  Apologies for wrong title in wrong place. No idea how I did that and cant edit yet /sigh will create else where and hope i can delete this in a few days. Thanks for help
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback