Unfair relationship - Credit Card

Good afternoon,

I am hoping that you will be able to answer my question regarding we fight any claim which I will summarise below.

In 2017 I contacted WFAC as I wanted to see if I was mis-sold PPI, after a few months the verdict came back from the Halifax that I was NOT mis-sold PPI.

In 2019 I was then contacted by the Halifax that I could appeal and this would be sent to the Financial Ombudsman for review.

In 2020 I had another letter from the Financial Ombudsman advising that the original decision that I was NOT mis-sold PPI was upheld , I believe I could ask for a final decision which I asked for.

I have just received a letter from the Halifax stating that the decision still stands in that PPI was NOT mis-sold but I would receive compensation for an Unfair relationship that was created.

I haven’t had any contact from WFAC at all since July 2017 as I wasn’t due any PPI compensation, I am concerned that even though WFAC started the initial PPI process (even though they have done very little) I will be contacted by them for a percentage of the compensation.

I don’t know if they should be entitled to any percentage of this compensation since I have had no contact from them since 2017 and as far as I am aware I took this to the Ombudsman and  this does not relate to PPI compensation, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I don’t know if they should be entitled to any percentage of this compensation since I have had no contact from them since 2017 and as far as I am aware I took this to the Ombudsman and  this does not relate to PPI compensation, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Your argument carried weight with the Legal ombudsman (going by their August 2014 publication).  However, the FCA took over regulation of claims companies since then and the FOS have now been looking at decisions like this and so far have appeared to rule in favour of the claims company.

Effectively, all a CMC does is send your complaint to the bank and asks them to review. Sometimes providing little more than your name and address.   They then sit back and wait.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback