Had a New In-line Bathroom Fan fitted is this right...

Options
SteveVy
SteveVy Posts: 112 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
Hi,
So today I had a new 2 Manrose MFT in line extractor fans fitted in 2 bathrooms above the showers.

Both bathrooms currently have Envirovent fans fitted which are near the toilets.

In order to reduce the amount of work required, a "Y Bend" was used to connect the New Manrose In Line Fan + the current Envirovent fan so they could both be exhausted through the current external fan grill. This saved the electrician from drilling a dedicated hole for the Manrose In Line Fan.

This was done for both Bathroom A  and Bathroom B.

My question is...when the manrose fan is on I can see the Envirovent fan turning slowly turning Clock Wise..when I then turn the Envirovent fan on I see this spins Anti-Clockwise.

Is this an issue?

if so should I :
A) Only have the manrose fan on when showering?
B) Tell the electrician to remove the Envirovent fan and install a Chrome Grill / vent (to fill this hole) so there is effectively only the manrose fan in each bathroom.

Comments

• fenwick458
    fenwick458 Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Experience had taught me that Y bends do not work with fans. if one is on, and the other is off, it'll just blow air to the one thats off. and vice versa. and if both are on, the flow rate is very poor 
  • casper_gutman
    casper_gutman Posts: 625 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    If you only need to use one of the fans at a time, I'd have thought you could try adding a one way valve or backdraught shutter in line with each of the fans, to prevent the exhaust from the other fan coming back into the room?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback