Hidenda Demand

DrJohn1949DrJohn1949 Forumite
2 Posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
I have received this email from Hidenda - Halifax has underpaid your PPI refund for account 4049702000569281/0310.
Because Halifax wrongly paid tax to HMRC on your behalf when you were refunded £11,356.89 back in Aug 2017 you are still owed £200.00 and this must be reclaimed now.
As part of the contract you signed with Hidenda you agreed to do what we request when required.

CAN THEY ENFORCE THIS AS IT IS EASY TO COMPLETE THE HMRC FORM MYSELF WITHOUT GIVING THEM A CUT?

Replies

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    32.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the contract you signed.
  • Dazed_and_C0nfusedDazed_and_C0nfused Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this alleged £200 supposedly coming from Halifax or HMRC?
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Because Halifax wrongly paid tax to HMRC on your behalf when you were refunded £11,356.89 back in Aug 2017 you are still owed £200.00 and this must be reclaimed now.

Are they making this up or has the tax deducted been incorrectly calculated?

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • The_squirrellThe_squirrell Forumite
    238 Posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭
    If in doubt, then submit a Data Subject Access request to Hidenda as this should include the contract you signed. They have one month to provide this to you. A round figure of £200.00 sounds highly suspicious and a contract that states you agreed to do what requested when required sounds dubious at best.
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
  • DrJohn1949DrJohn1949 Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I believe the £200 is from the tax so it would be from HMRC. There is a lot of adverts about reclaiming tax on PPI at the moment.
  • FarfetchFarfetch Forumite
    2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe the £200 is from the tax so it would be from HMRC. There is a lot of adverts about reclaiming tax on PPI at the moment.
    If you have been taxed and can claim it back, don't use a third party, apply directly with HMRC
    Did you use Hidenda for a PPI complaint? Did they get their payment for the original complaint? 

He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery.

-Harold Wilson

• The_squirrellThe_squirrell Forumite
    238 Posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭
    I would never advise reading too much into Trustpilot reviews, but just look up Hidenda on there. Coincidentally there are several reviews mentioning the £200 pot of gold.

I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
  • stormzakstormzak Forumite
    2 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I followed Hidenda's advice and now I have to owe HMRC monies.  In Other words I am now worse Off.  Do Not trust or sign anything with Hidenda.
  • brettctabrettcta Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    stormzak said:
    I followed Hidenda's advice and now I have to owe HMRC monies.  In Other words I am now worse Off.  Do Not trust or sign anything with Hidenda.
    What did Hidenda tell you and why do you now owe HMRC?
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • stormzakstormzak Forumite
    2 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I was happy back in 2018 with the PPI claim i did with Hidenda. Then early this year I got a txt stating that I was owed additional money from my Bank.  I went and accepted the process and low and behold I now have a HMRC Letter stating that I owe then the exact same amount in unpaid tax.
    Am also getting Hidenda letter about Marriage allowance which i am most definitely going to ignor.