New Post Advanced Search

HSBC updating my Equifax in a dro order

3 replies 66 views
JamesC90JamesC90 Forumite
6 posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi,

I entered a dro order around 2 months ago, and in that time, a lot of my creditors have left me alone and the dro has been a great help.

However HSBC has updated my account two times with added charges and marking my account as a missed payment, I’ve rang them 3 times to supply a dro order number, no one knows what to say to me , and the best advice I’ve been given and was totally useless was and I quote “to contact the credit reference agencies” as they have no control over the matter

are hsbc allowed to do this?

Replies

• fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    16.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they must do is register a default at the dro date or earlier

Just send one letter telling them that and quoting your dro reference, then ignore them

They can add charges if they want - you won't be paying them and the whole thing will be written off when the moratorium ends
  • JamesC90JamesC90 Forumite
    6 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    fatbelly said:
    What they must do is register a default at the dro date or earlier

Just send one letter telling them that and quoting your dro reference, then ignore them

They can add charges if they want - you won't be paying them and the whole thing will be written off when the moratorium ends
    Thanks fatbelly, appreciate this & I will do exactly that
  • sourcratessourcrates Forumite, Board Guide
    23.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Credit file clean up is usually done when your DRO ends.

See Debt Camel website for details.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File and Ratings, Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to:
    [email protected].
    Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    "I don`t trust Bankers, I don`t trust Banks, and I don`t trust you.........Private Frazer".
    For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, CitizensAdviceBureaux.