Forum Home» Phones & TV

Stopping Spam Sales Calls from Sky

New Post Advanced Search

Stopping Spam Sales Calls from Sky

2 replies 92 views
benr007benr007 Forumite
5 posts
Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
I am getting daily spam calls from Sky trying to sell me something - the number comes up as 0800 761 3362 - these are at all sorts of times weekends, evenings etc.

I am not a Sky customer and have no interest in becoming one given previous bad experiences with them

Sky can get around the obvious measure of me blocking the number on my iphone - and it the usual rubbish when you try and call them to try and stop this - e.g. sign into your account ’cos we can’t be bothered talking to you - but as I am not a customer I don’t have an account (d’oh)

How do I stop these people from continually phoning me?

I thought there were rules stopping this sort of thing?

Thanks in advance for any help

Replies

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    32.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Advise them to remove you from any marketing.

If they don't, you can complain to the ICO.
  • CyclopathCyclopath Forumite
    4 posts
    Second Anniversary First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I suggest you email their data protection department at [email protected], instructing them to ERASE your telephone number, and to not contact you by telephone, post or email for marketing.

Sky replied within a couple of days of my email, stating that they added my telephone number to their "suppression list". I have not received a call from them since.