Ebay/Argos Return To Store

How does a Ebay/Argos return work when returning a faulty, just received item to an Argos Store?

Is it all straight forward to get a refund as you will have not tracking number or means of updating your Ebay Account to say they have received it back?

Comments

• the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    the_lunatic_is_in_my_head Posts: 7,578 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 May 2021 at 12:20PM
    Do you mean you've purchased from Argos on eBay and Argos allow you to return the item to a store?

If so I don't think the eBay guarantee will apply as you won't have tracking for the return.

If you purchased from someone else and used Click and Click to an Argos store I don't know if returns can go back to store.
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,669 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    If it was click & collect via Argos, then returning an item would be via a post office as usual
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    If it was click & collect via Argos, then returning an item would be via a post office as usual
    Not necessarily the post office, but certainly not Argos.

What happens if I need to return something?

Check the seller’s returns policy to find out if the seller you bought the item from offers returns. 

eBay Collection Point locations can't accept returns in-store for item bought through Click & Collect on eBay. To return an item, select the item in My eBay > Purchase History. Select Return this item from the drop-down menu on the right. You'll then be guided through the returns process.

• Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 905 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Do you mean you've purchased from Argos on eBay and Argos allow you to return the item to a store?

If so I don't think the eBay guarantee will apply as you won't have tracking for the return.

If you purchased from someone else and used Click and Click to an Argos store I don't know if returns can go back to store.

Yes thats what I mean,if your purchase from Argos off Ebay site,and there is a problem you can return it to an Argos Store but was wondering if it was full safe to do that ?
  • the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    the_lunatic_is_in_my_head Posts: 7,578 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 May 2021 at 3:12PM
    If Argos allow it I can't see it being a problem as they will be set up for it.

I would just make sure the store gives you some kind of receipt or note as proof you've handed the goods back.

Ultimately you might not be covered by eBay but as it's Argos you've purchased with they obviously aren't dodgy :) 

• coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,669 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    The listing states the returns policy.  For one small item it says

Which I would take to mean it can not just be returned to an Argos store, "Buyer pays return postage"

• http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/argos/Help

Can I return my item to a store?

Currently only Items purchased from Argos on eBay that are Click & Collected from an Argos store can be returned to a store. We’re working hard to update our systems to make all eBay purchases (except large 2 man delivery items) returnable to store but at the moment we’re sorry but non Click & Collect purchases cannot be returned to an Argos store.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/argos/Help

Can I return my item to a store?

Currently only Items purchased from Argos on eBay that are Click & Collected from an Argos store can be returned to a store. We’re working hard to update our systems to make all eBay purchases (except large 2 man delivery items) returnable to store but at the moment we’re sorry but non Click & Collect purchases cannot be returned to an Argos store.
    Yes, as quoted above. 

However, now the OP has clarified this was a purchase from the seller Argos, using eBay platform.  

As per coffeehound's post the seller appears to be signed up to the normal returns system that the eBay platform uses but it would make sense that you can return it to the seller (who just happens to be the provider of a separate click & collect system).  Argos T&C are poor on the eBay platform and they simply refer you to their 'returns section' which is the usual eBay one.  

I would be inclined to return it to the Argos store and ask them how a refund is made as it was purchased on the eBay platform.  As the item is faulty, I suspect Argos would simply provide a replacement if one was wanted/available. 
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I’ve bought Argos click and Collect, sold by Argos on eBay  from store stock and returned it in store just fine. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback